It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Immerse yourself in a frantic, rogue-lite action-platformer where you run ‘n’ gun your way forward. Neon Abyss - Launch Edition is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! The game features almost unlimited item synergies and a unique dungeon evolution system. This means each run in Neon Abyss is different and so is your gaming experience.

Note: Neon Abyss - Launch Edition consists of the base game and The Lovable Rogues Pack DLC. This unique offer will last GOG.COM until the 22nd of July, 11 PM UC, after that the base game and DLC will be available separately.
Bought on the day 1. It seems a nice game. We will see how it goes.:D
Played the demo on Switch, it was a very strange game, but not in a bad way.

I'll give it uniqueness, and a decent Metroidvania feel, though this will fall into the "on sale" category for me personally.
Is the gameplay similar to Enter the Gungeon or Rogue Legacy?
It looks... ok. It’s sold as a get it now with a buy it now or face more charges later. It’s not gone on the wish list.
Not really into 2D games, but I like the color pallette the artists went with.
IronArcturus: Is the gameplay similar to Enter the Gungeon or Rogue Legacy?
Closer to Exit than Enter, but more of a weird metaphysical cyberpunk Castlevania.
I have bought the game, but have not played much yet.

One thing to consider is that it can get *very* busy on the screen, especially during bossfights. Several bosses use some bullet-hell mechanics where they shoot losd of projectiles. But your weapons, especially upgraded, also shoot lots of projectiles. And those can sometimes split after a while as well.
It can become very diffucult to actually see the projetiles.

Enter the Gungeon is somewhat slower paced than Neon Abyss, and has a lot more visibility.
The comparison to Rogue Legacy is more in the meta progression system of Neon Abyss. But gameplaywise those two have not much in common, aside from both being platformers.

On a side note: Maybe i am showing my age. I grew up with Gameboy and SNES controllers and then went to PC. Who actually plays a platformer with those default controls? Jump on left trigger? And i thought Spelunky's controls were akward.

EDIT: Just did another run, found a better item combination, giving me shields after almost every room and decreasing the damage i take. WIth that i was able to beat the first major boss of apparently five. In that respect it seems to be a lot like Binding of Isaac.
Post edited July 15, 2020 by Ranayna
is there a non steam demo i can try?
Waldschatten: Closer to Exit than Enter, but more of a weird metaphysical cyberpunk Castlevania.
Does it allow the user to save at the end of a level?
Waldschatten: Closer to Exit than Enter, but more of a weird metaphysical cyberpunk Castlevania.
IronArcturus: Does it allow the user to save at the end of a level?
I've only played teh demo, and that on console, so I'm not sure about the feature set of the full game beyond the exploration and advancement that is allowed in the little snippet they teased us with.
Waldschatten: I've only played teh demo, and that on console, so I'm not sure about the feature set of the full game beyond the exploration and advancement that is allowed in the little snippet they teased us with.
Yeah, I wish GOG could get the demo.
I have just tested saving during a run:

There is *no* option to save while in a run itself.
But you keep any already gathered meta currency when you abandon a run, die, or just quit out of the game.
Bring demo to gog and if I like it I buy. This isn't complicated. The fact that the demo is elsewhere and not here annoys me so I don't want to buy.