It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Show me some tenacious defense, boys!

**UPDATE**: The Purple Oil Pack is now here, too! Includes the Purple Mutant Eaters and Hexxon Oilers teams plus two new Arenas ready to be covered in blood and spat-out teeth.

LA Power Pack, a DLC pack for Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition, is now available DRM-free.

A new species of mutants joins the fray ready to push, kick, and tackle its way to the finals. Meet the Los Scandalous Damned and the Los Scandalous Volts in their Shake & Bake Arena - or what's left of it after it got turned into a death-trap in the wake of that catastrophic hit.
Awesome game , awesome DLC .
I'm trying to remember why I never snagged MFL. God knows I love American football and the reviews say it plays like th
e old Sega football games.

You do actually control the players, right? It's not just a management game.

Must check this out, along with the DLC.
Post edited January 25, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: You do actually control the players, right? It's not just a management game.

Yup, it is arcade-style real-time sport game.
tinyE: You do actually control the players, right? It's not just a management game.

CrazyMax: Yup, it is arcade-style real-time sport game.
Thank you :D

It's tough finding reliable opinions about this game because there are next to no american football fans here.
tinyE: Thank you :D

It's tough finding reliable opinions about this game because there are next to no american football fans here.
Fair point. I, for one, as most Europeans, couldn't care less about American football, but since the premise of this game seemed so over the top, I decided to watch the official release stream on GOG's twitch channel. I mean, a lot of people who know nothing about soccer absolutely love Nintendo World Cup for the NES, because you don't really need to know the ins and outs of the sport; you just need to know that if you kick the ball into the goal, you score a point. In Mutant Football League, though, if you don't have a clue of how American football works (and most of the world doesn't), tough luck, the game is next to impossible to play, let alone enjoy.

I think it's probably a good entertaining and fun game for fans of the sport, or for those who at least know its rules and how it plays.
Post edited January 27, 2019 by groze

Well I find it to be an adequate game. If you have played a madden game it will feel like an arcade version with much less accuracy and capacity. Playbooks are comparatively extremely limited.

There is no holding onto key positions because at any time you can have a player get injured or murdered.

Personally I found it limiting for the sake of rapid fire action that it really does not quite deliver on. It seemed limited, repetitive and just made me want to play madden.

Another big problem, That the DLC works to fix, is the gaping holes in the roster of available teams. While the DLC adds Rams and chargers it neglects to add another, far more lauded franchise in the 49ers. It is still not enough as there are 32 NFL teams and that means 4-6 teams are still not represented and that suggests more planned DLC to extort a complete roster.

It does however live up to its pedigree from the Sega days which was also very hit or miss, generic imitation of more polished football games.

I like it well enough that I have bought it as a gift for an interesting diversion from normal football, but personally resent it for shady business practices and just not being deep enough to sink my teeth into for more than a couple games.

viranimus: edited
Brilliant take. Really, couldn't have said it better myself, especially about the franchises. :D I am 100% with you on everything, with one small note: I like the scaled down aspect. As I got older and football games developed they reached a point of going overboard for me, becoming too realistic, overly complicated. It got to the point playing Madden that I couldn't keep track of what the hell I was doing, with the dozens of formations and each one with dozens of their own plays. I LOVE the NFL, but I could never be a coach and I don't know how players memorize and run systems the way they do. I play games for fun and when it reached the point that I felt I actually needed to be Bill Walsh to play the damn thing, then it ceased to be fun. When I play, I know basic formations, I can read basic defenses. I'm not Payton Manning. I can't look up at a D line and tell exactly what the scheme is because of where a OLB is standing and know exactly what audible to call, and I don't want to have to learn how to, at least when I'm playing. When I'm watching a game on TV I'm actually really good at that, but I guess when playing, that part of my brain shuts off. :P
Post edited January 28, 2019 by tinyE