It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foot meet teeth.

Mutant League Football: Dynasty Edition is now available DRM-free.

Welcome to MFL, a wacky, arcade-y iteration of American football starring real monsters and now complete with the single-player Dynasty mode where you build and manage your team towards bloodstained glory.
MobiusArcher: Those are strategy games, right? Im pretty sure this is an entirely different genre.
Karavox: Technically - yes. But the overall idea of 'fantasy american football' with all the secondary features (races, in-game events, dirty tricks and vile skills, and so on) are so obviously borrowed (if not copy-pasted) from Cyanide games that it doesn't serve this game well.
You know that Mutant League pre-dates Blood Bowl by by 2 years right?
Post edited November 01, 2018 by Roninn2099
I would have bought it here if I only knew...
Roninn2099: You know that Mutant League pre-dates Blood Bowl by by 2 years right?
And you know that the first edition of Blood Bowl was released in 1986, right?
MightyPinecone: Don't feel sad. Think of something happy, like Lordi in the Eurovision song contest!
Falci: Wow! That helped! :D :D :D Thanks!
You're welcome! ;)
When i first saw the (very bottomly hidden) release news announcement, i wondered if i was correctly awake or still sane or not turned senile by old age, because "Mutant Football League" certainly did ring a bell for me, but it would bring me back to the mid-90ies on Megadrive with friends and such, who grow together with me playing earliest editions of Blood Bowl (tm)(c)(r) tabletop on holidays (earliest editions as in "GOOD non dull and boring" editions)

So i was confused. Did some research and ok, it seems to be a kickstarted "remake" or "reboot" of this game, by people from the initial devs. So, in a way i was happy...

Then suddenly i was also worried becausei wondered how any sane devs could ever RISK to release such a game in 2018 because of the evercrawling threat of Games Workshop despicable jerks (and lawyers) ! Because youy know, GW has a monopoly and encompassing eternal copyright and patent over EVERYTHING that is medieval fantasy and will just crush and murder anyone who dare to create anything both american football AND medfantasy related faster than the speed of light

i still hold a huge grief and feud against them for the unfair and shameful murder and body-disposal of an excellent Cyanide Studio's earliest game (aside from cycling manager) called Chaos League ! Chaos league that is FORBIDDEN to ever mention or talk about on internet if you dont want to get DCMAed to orbital level and such. Chaos League that was an awesome damn game from over a decade ago; chaos league that was the smart "good" version of medfantasy brutal sport every blood bowl tabletop fans were dreaming for and that GW never ever bothered investing a copper into making themselves (there also had been M.U.D.S. loooong ago, but, lets be honest, Chaos League was pinnacle)

And do you know how the story ended ? Cyanide was assassinated by lawyers from GW, their game condemned to be removed forever (and that also meant any mention of the game on cyanide's website, and that ALSO meat ANY tech/customer support for the game for legitimate buyers of the game) and their dev team SHACKLED into mking just boring and unimaginative digital ports of the GW's tabletop game itself (if i want to play the tabletop game, well, i juts grab the tabletop game and call friends), while Chaos League was way more dynamic RTS style and that was way more thoughtful, gamewise speaking, than digital ports of a static boardgame

So i wonder: HOW LONG until this new remake game gets overshadowed by the threat of GW's lawyers and get crushed under their boot ?

Because if this remake is good, i'd sure HATE see it murdered once more like Chaos League was and see GW get away with the murder

TL,DR: Nice to see this remake, i still am worried that despicable jerks from Games Workshop ever try to murder it like they did for Chaos League, that was a good game; i still hate them for that, i still hold a huge feud against them for that and would hate seeing history repeat itself !

Edit: sadly enough, fromwhat i saw of the game, it is too hermetic to be fun for any outsider or foreigner aside from regular fans of American Football (who play with their hands, and an item that aint spherical but ovoid, and deny us european to call "football" a game that is played with foot, and with a ball... go figure)
Post edited November 02, 2018 by Djaron
Karavox: (Not so) cheap ripoff of Cyanide Chaos League/Bloodbowl Warhammer serie? Nah.
Those series came out in video game form after the Mutant League games. Mutant League was the first video game to do this type of gameplay. Plus these aren't strategy based as Warhammer is.

I certainly have been waiting for this remake/reboot.
Post edited November 03, 2018 by pferreira1983
Niggles: I love my american football and wish some proper sims of it would appear on GOG one day. How much does this game satisfy the fan?.
I think if a gamer is looking for something in the vein of the old NFL Blitz/NFL Street games, this is a mandatory pickup. This is more of an alternative/arcade-style game rather than a simulation geared to hardcore NFL fans. A fan of the NFL should definitely get some good laughs out of the parody names of the players/teams in this game though Aside from all this, I personally like to support games like this in hopes of getting more. This is the one and only (American) football game on here, and I would like more.

Gameplay-wise, the playbooks are acceptable for an arcade-style game but would not be Madden-level complex, if that makes sense. It does not bother me too much. The controls feel good and responsive to me. It is fun playing as QB and using the strafe move to side-step sacks. There are some fun wrinkles like kicking field goals from farther distance can give more points, as well as field hazards, ability to knock other players out of the game...Your mileage may vary, but it satisfies me as a fan.
Post edited November 04, 2018 by rjbuffchix