It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A visual novel about hardships of a dysfunctional relationship, idealization, and intimacy. Milky Way Prince - The Vampire Star is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 20% discount lasting until 20th August 2020, 1 PM UTC. Live a summer of unhappy love through branching storylines, twists, sudden changes, and an innovative mechanic where you choose which senses to use with your boyfriend.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
timppu: I presume this is a Japanese game as their names quite often seem like random English words thrown together. Or does that title make perfect sense after you've played the game? I suspect it is a translation error from Japanese.
Lorenzo Redaelli received a B.A. in Communication, Media, and Advertising in 2017 from IULM University with a Thesis titled “Gojira vs. Godzilla; How Hollywood reinvented Japanese Kaiju movies.” Among his passions are Japanese culture, art, and interactive storytelling. He directed several animated shorts, shot an independent film, and produced two albums. His final project, Milky Way Prince: The Vampire Star, was accepted at several international festivals, including Game On: El arte en juego (Buenos Aires, Argentina) and Game Happens (Genoa, Italy) and was subsequently released in August 2020 by Santa Ragione.
https://gamedesign.university/lorenzo-redaelli

Not sure I'll enjoy the ride, but I'll bite.
timppu: I don't understand most of this discussion (Yaoi? BxB?), but I presume this is a Japanese game as their names quite often seem like random English words thrown together. Or does that title make perfect sense after you've played the game? I suspect it is a translation error from Japanese.

"Moustache Cream Abandoner - The Hazy Cruelty"

"Takaochi-zi: The Panel Cries Boom Waka Zoom!"
VNs are already niche. Yaoi VNs are a niche within a niche. If I didn't already question the supposedly curated selection for the site then this would certainly make me do so.
If those quotes 2 posts above me are correct than it is a festival darling. Published only for the "art crowd" / positive vibes I think? Curation does make me sad, too. But I can save money this way, sooo...
Post edited August 14, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
high rated
no problem with this being here but it's odd to see this show up when GOG has rejected games that (I imagine) will likely sell better
ReynardFox: Well this sure looks like something that should be free to play on itch.io.
Robette: How so? The style maybe a bit of a matter of taste, but quality wise it looks better than 95+% of the visual novels released on Steam?
While IMO even the best visual novels are questionable as games in the first place, this one's presentation is so cheap, so embarrassingly style-less and amateur that it should not have been let through curation based on the reasons behind their rejection of other games in the past.
Anime-BlackWolf: @GOG: PLEASE bring other, REJECTED NICHE STUFF here, PLEASE? The DEGICA shooters?
Right? The issue really is how ridiculously inconsistent GOG's amoeba-brained curators are.

I'm never going to stop insulting GOG's curators until someone gets up the stones to appologize to Degica and bring their games here like they should have been years ago.
Post edited August 14, 2020 by ReynardFox
The_Gypsy: VNs are already niche. Yaoi VNs are a niche within a niche. If I didn't already question the supposedly curated selection for the site then this would certainly make me do so.
I have to agree here. It's so far a very small audience.

tfishell: no problem with this being here but it's odd to see this show up when GOG has rejected games that (I imagine) will likely sell better
What games did they reject?

tfishell: no problem with this being here but it's odd to see this show up when GOG has rejected games that (I imagine) will likely sell better
What games were rejected by GOG?
Post edited August 15, 2020 by pferreira1983