It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It belongs in your collection!

La-Mulana 2 is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The ancient ruins of La-Mulana stir, once more. Believed to be the cradle of humanity, they've now appeared to have given birth to unspeakable evil. Fearless archeologist Lumisa Kosugi heads to Eg-Lana, determined to unravel this mystery. What she finds is an epic metroidvania adventure, featuring cryptic riddles, terrible monsters, formidable weapons, and a cavernous complex you can explore any way you choose. As long as you stay alive.
lahmoolahnah to
Post edited July 30, 2018 by fortune_p_dawg
Sweet looking forward to this.
Bad idea. A Metroidvania about a tough blond haired girl is never gonna work.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: Bad idea. A Metroidvania about a tough blond haired girl is never gonna work.
Even less so if she has a whip. When did that ever work out? ;)
tinyE: Bad idea. A Metroidvania about a tough blond haired girl is never gonna work.
hmcpretender: Even less so if she has a whip. When did that ever work out? ;)
I just know someone isn't going to get my joke. :P
I bet someone must have said something like that about The Great Giana Sisters or Tomb Raider in their respective genres back then. I would have downvoted your comment, but I appreciate your weird sense of humor and am not quite sure whether this is not one of the cases of it manifesting in its full Cthulhry.
Too bad there's no GOG codes for Kickstarter backers... oh well, maybe it'll show up on GOG Connect some day. :-P
Post edited July 30, 2018 by plagren
Wottie: I bet someone must have said something like that about The Great Giana Sisters or Tomb Raider in their respective genres back then. I would have downvoted your comment, but I appreciate your weird sense of humor and am not quite sure whether this is not one of the cases of it manifesting in its full Cthulhry.
I still don't think you totally got it. :P

Look at the term I used: Metroidvania.

A series of games about a tough blond haired girl that has been so popular IT SPAWNED IT'S OWN GENRE!!! :P
HEY LA-MULANITES!

So who of you first heard of this and other games from DeceasedCrab?
Of course not! She would have to be brunette to be capable - just like Samus Aran in NES Metroid. Wait, who were you talking about?
tremere110: Of course not! She would have to be brunette to be capable - just like Samus Aran in NES Metroid. Wait, who were you talking about?
She was kind of red headish in the original. She quickly turned blond for all the sequels. Probably a bleach job.
Glad to see it here... even with a Mac version right out of the gate.

I still have to the play the first one. Honestly, I've been shying away from it because of many mentions of the obscure puzzles/riddles in the game world. Yet I am thinking of actually giving it a proper go in the next month or so, armed with pen and paper to keep track of clues. We'll see how that goes.
Post edited July 30, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
A blonde with a whip feels right for a MetroidVania
Post edited July 30, 2018 by Hollyhock
Inb4 a wild @Redfern appears and REEEEE about non-existance of linux port in the game, built on engine with easy export to penguins (unity)