It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Live to fly, fly to live.

<span class="bold">Knights of the Sky</span>, a high tale about acing the art of aerial combat, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

Some ride across the countryside in armored horses, some lay the heads of slain dragons on the feet of impressionable princesses, and others try to survive hails of bullets with only half an engine, a jammed gun, and a legendary dogfighter on their tail.
These are the Knights of the Sky, doing battle high over the trenches and aerodromes of World War 1 for the freedom of their country and the title of the ultimate Ace of Aces. Gather intelligence on your opponents, hop on one of the 20 renowned fighter planes, and get ready to face your destiny as you try to keep Baron Manfred von Richtofen in your crosshairs and yourself out of his.

Look your opponent in the goggles and reduce him to a trail of descending smoke as you fight to become a legend among the <span class="bold">Knights of the Sky</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% launch discount will last until July 26, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hX0JFUyfWAo
Post edited July 21, 2016 by maladr0Id
Nice. I wish Retroism would just go ahead and release the rest of their Steam catalog here already, though. (I think F-19 Stealth Fighter is one of the highest-desired ones, at nearly 200 votes; shame it isn't here yet - https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/f19_stealth_fighter )
Post edited July 21, 2016 by tfishell
Always good to see a classic release. Wishlisted for now.
How does the game compare with Red Baron from the same year?
Keep those flight and space sims coming guys! Much thanks!
Post edited July 21, 2016 by haydenaurion
justanoldgamer: How does the game compare with Red Baron from the same year?
... joining this question ... answer us, please
Ahhh... the good old days when machine gun fire in videogames seemed like someone was farting :)
I remember playing it. I sucked at it.
Classic releases are my favorite. Thanks for bringing this!
Wow, I remember this one so fondly. Spent such endless hours flying the tiniest possible circles, inching minutely closer to the enemy flying nearly as tiny circles, until I finally could shoot it down and start hunting for the next balloon along the line.

Last year, during a move, I re-encountered my list of hand-written 'copy-protection' bypasses which allowed me to start up the game successfully on the first try more than 90% of the time. (In retrospect I guess that means I had an illegal copy without a manual to look at for the solutions - what did I know at that age! *g* - although I guess it's just as possible my father just never put the manual near the computer since we wouldn't be able to read it anyway...)
I think I'd almost miss that mini-game before the game in this release... :D
Post edited July 21, 2016 by gogtrial34987
I'm glad Night Dive Studios continues to release MicroProse titles. Maybe in a year or two they'll be able to also release Transport Tycoon Deluxe. I'm not greedy, I'll wait patiently for it. ;)
Post edited July 21, 2016 by MadalinStroe
MadalinStroe: I'm glad Night Dive Studios continues to release MicroProse titles. Maybe in a year or two they'll be able to also release Transport Tycoon Deluxe. I'm not greedy, I'll wait patiently for it. ;)
Just checking: You know about OpenTTD, right?
gogtrial34987: Just checking: You know about OpenTTD, right?
Of course, but you still need a copy of the original game if you want the sprites and music. OpenTTD has fan made sprites and music. Only somebody that holds no nostalgia for the awesome music would accept the lesser, but still very good, music from OpenTTD.
Post edited July 21, 2016 by MadalinStroe
My machine is good enough to run, so not complaining.
Just curious and confused why it requires Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz and 1Gb RAM.
DOSBox (it uses this emulator, no?) doesn't seem to be too demanding, but I'm no expert.
I don't know, it seems strange.
Post edited July 21, 2016 by almabrds
Oh, I remember this one. It was one of the many disappointing games back than and I don't think that after all this years
only because its old it became better.
A good use of my store credit ;-) Thanks GOG.