It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The wave crashers.

<span class="bold">Kingdom Rush Frontiers</span>, the next chapter in the lighthearted tower-defense series, is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 25% permanent loyalty discount for existing owners of <span class="bold">Kingdom Rush</span>.

They are coming at you again! Torrents of charming but formidable enemies with unique abilities are marching through the new, exotic maps and your towers are the only thing that can stop their advancing. Fortify them with upgrades, unleash their devastating abilities (like poisonous clouds and deadly assassins), and recruit legendary heroes to aid in your efforts. Not only will you need these champions to take some punishment away from your towers when facing the special units and scary bosses, but you should also choose and train their abilities to maximize their effectiveness within your strategy plan. This is war, son, don't get thrown off by the adorable animations and catchy tunes! Stay focused or your precious towers will soon get stomped, munched, or even fried to oblivion.

Hold your kingdom intact by holding back the waves of cute monsters in <span class="bold">Kingdom Rush Frontiers</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 25% loyalty discount for owners of Kingdom Rush is permanent. To make use of the discount, go to the original Kingdom Rush product in your library and click on the special code waiting for you there or head to gog.com/redeem to claim it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/skDWmRfekE0
Post edited July 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
I didn't even realize that there was a discount code. I still want to wait for a sale, but I don't know how that will work - would you just use the larger of the two discounts? I've waited years for them to port to PC, so I kind of feel like I can wait longer still.
So I'll ask again... are there GOG achievements?
Might as well ask here too. How many heroes does the GOG version have? The game page says 11. Steam version has only 9 (with 9 "coming soon" slots). The mobile version apparently has 16 (according to a Google search).
ZFR: Might as well ask here too. How many heroes does the GOG version have? The game page says 11. Steam version has only 9 (with 9 "coming soon" slots). The mobile version apparently has 16 (according to a Google search).
There are nine, with nine "coming soon" slots.
ZFR: Might as well ask here too. How many heroes does the GOG version have? The game page says 11. Steam version has only 9 (with 9 "coming soon" slots). The mobile version apparently has 16 (according to a Google search).
Not sure that's true.
I'll have a check again but I don't think my mobile version has more than 9 either...

Edit:
Hmmm, they must have added more since I last played, there are indeed 16. I'll check the gog page and see which ones are missing.

They're missing the Voodoo Shaman woman (who happens to be a free character), a crab man thing, shao lin monk style guy, a gun wielding witchhunter, a minotaur, a monkey god and an undead dragon.
Post edited July 28, 2016 by adaliabooks
yogsloth: There are nine, with nine "coming soon" slots.
adaliabooks: They're missing the Voodoo Shaman woman (who happens to be a free character), a crab man thing, shao lin monk style guy, a gun wielding witchhunter, a minotaur, a monkey god and an undead dragon.
Thanks. Just like Steam then.
Post edited July 28, 2016 by ZFR
Bump so I can see who replied to me (hopefully..)
ZFR: Thanks. Just like Steam then.
I presume so.
No idea why they would have dropped them for the port though, unless they were considered too powerful (or to make people get the phone versions and pay for them?) and it was a balancing thing.
Post edited July 28, 2016 by adaliabooks
I'd be pissed at the "Coming Soon" heroes, but I'm enjoying the game too much.
adaliabooks: Bump so I can see who replied to me (hopefully..)
ZFR: Thanks. Just like Steam then.
adaliabooks: I presume so.
No idea why they would have dropped them for the port though, unless they were considered too powerful (or to make people get the phone versions and pay for them?) and it was a balancing thing.
They're choosing to implement things in roughly the same order as the mobile version. Within the next few months we'll get all the heroes.
adaliabooks: Bump so I can see who replied to me (hopefully..)

I presume so.
tremere110: They're choosing to implement things in roughly the same order as the mobile version. Within the next few months we'll get all the heroes.
Ah, ok. Still odd considering the game is finished already on mobile and you wouldn't think they would need to slowly add features like that... at least it seems likely we might get all the content eventually then.
tremere110: They're choosing to implement things in roughly the same order as the mobile version. Within the next few months we'll get all the heroes.
adaliabooks: Ah, ok. Still odd considering the game is finished already on mobile and you wouldn't think they would need to slowly add features like that... at least it seems likely we might get all the content eventually then.
I remember asking about something similar before and the response was the engine had to be made from scratch for a different platform. This was their response as to why they weren't going to port Kingdom Rush Frontiers to PC if the first Kingdom Rush didn't do well. Apparently it did so we have Frontiers now.

The devs have stated multiple times on the Steam forum that the PC version will get everything the mobile version has. So far Ironhide has been pretty good about keeping their word so I'm pretty inclined to trust them on it.
Wow, I just love this game. Just like the original Kingdom Rush. Pretty hard even on normal, you have to restart often almost rage-quitting, but that feeling you get when you finally beat a level with 3 stars is totally worth it.
A question for blue guys.

I was looking at the game trailer for the game and noticed that you are advertising the game as having a Linux version available on gog. So I was wondering if you are expecting the game to receive a Linux version on gog.com anytime soon?

Edit: Never mind. Found the answer on Steam.

For anybody interested in Linux version. <span class="bold">Its coming end of August.</span>
Post edited August 06, 2016 by Matruchus
Matruchus: For anybody interested in Linux version. <span class="bold">Its coming end of August.</span>
Cool. Thanks!
Matruchus: For anybody interested in Linux version. <span class="bold">Its coming end of August.</span>
WinterSnowfall: Cool. Thanks!
No problem. Now all we need is Kingdom Rush: Origins for pc !!!!