It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And supergirls don't cry...

<span class="bold">Kathy Rain</span>, a mystery adventure set in the 90's and styled after them, is now available for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements.

Coming back to your hometown after a long-term absence is bound to bring forth some mixed feelings. Even more so for Kathy Rain, the rebellious college-girl who returns to Conwell Springs only to find out that her recently deceased grandfather has left behind clues to a sinister mystery. Strange happenings and morbid discoveries lead Kathy to believe that she has stumbled upon something terrible that tormented her grandad and still causes a lot of grief to the locals.

As an aspiring journalist, Kathy is determined to dig up this well-kept secret, no matter how many lies, twisted puzzles, or painful emotions she will have to navigate. And when a biker girl sets her mind on something, you know there's no stopping her.

Help <span class="bold">Kathy Rain</span> uncover the dark truth that has plagued her sleepy hometown for years, DRM-free on GOG.com.
If you want to spend some time with Kathy before making up your mind, be sure to check out the FREE <span class="bold">Kathy Rain Demo</span>.
Jaro7788: Well, just played the Steam demo (sorry GoG, it was just more convenient and since it's free it's not like you lost any money) and I can say this does look quite promising. I like games that get you involved into the story from the get-go. Without going into too much detail, the game is very Gabriel Knight-esque, what with you uncovering the secrets of your family. There's an interesting choice of art style: the graphics are highly pixelated and the game itself takes place in the early 90s, thus making the whole experience much less jarring (although I'm not one of those that cares so much about the graphics so it might not be true for everyone).

At the same time I can already say KR is the kind of adventure game I wish I saw today as representative of the genre, not the "interactive movies" by Telltale or Life is Strange (no matter how good those games might be in terms of storytelling). Yeah, KR is obviously a joke in terms of difficulty when compared to the classics of Sierra or LucasArts but it doesn't make you feel like an idiot as some of those above-mentioned games do. Even if Kathy does seem to be a bit too keen on revealing rather straightforward hints when you don't really need them.

The voice acting does the job well (especially Kathy herself and her Grandma) and I'm intrigued to see where this story goes. Will I buy it then? Well... not now. Not because I wouldn't like to, it's just I have too many games left to play, I wouldn't excuse myself for spending money on yet another one. But if I do one day, I'll make sure to grab it off GoG. :)

So, to all the adventure game fans out there, definitely check out the demo. Major props to the developer for making it reasonably long and not blacking out after the first ten minutes.
Thanks for the helpful information!
Dizzard.495: Is it saying "not yet available" for anyone else?

I thought it would be up for download when GOG have made an official post about it's release.
JudasIscariot: https://www.gog.com/account/refresh <--- click that and you should have your download issues fixed :)
That fixed the problem on the gog.com site but in GOG Galaxy it still says "not available yet" :(
How can I fix that?

edit: Ok, I saw now that some titles are just not yet compatible with GOG Galaxy.
Seems like Kathy Rain is one of them. Hope it gets added in the future. :)
Post edited May 07, 2016 by carrmak
JudasIscariot: https://www.gog.com/account/refresh <--- click that and you should have your download issues fixed :)
carrmak: That fixed the problem on the gog.com site but in GOG Galaxy it still says "not available yet" :(
How can I fix that?

edit: Ok, I saw now that some titles are just not yet compatible with GOG Galaxy.
I think I found the problem. Please wait about 10 minutes and double click the "Library" button in Galaxy when you are in your library.
Andremop: I just don't buy this because I have 28 games in my backlog already - and most of them point-and-click games.

But it's tempting, this game looks lovely. One day...
I am in the same boat my friend - I have a ton of these games to get through, but after seeing the game played on GOG's Twitch channel, I got into it , so to the wishlist it goes!
carrmak: That fixed the problem on the gog.com site but in GOG Galaxy it still says "not available yet" :(
How can I fix that?

JudasIscariot: I think I found the problem. Please wait about 10 minutes and double click the "Library" button in Galaxy when you are in your library.
You fixed it! :D
Played the demo lot later than I originally planned but now that it is done it seemed really good. Have to get it at some point.
Antimateria: Played the demo lot later than I originally planned but now that it is done it seemed really good. Have to get it at some point.
Do it! I highly enjoyed my time with it.