It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the mood for a dark fantasy? We got something for you then; In Verbis Virtus is now available on GOG! That’s not all though – it’s coming alonside its Soundtrack, with both titles discounted -75% for the launch. Hurry up, as the offer ends on July 28th, 1 PM UTC!

Immerse yourself in the extraordinary fantasy adventure of In Verbis Virtus, where you have the unique ability to cast spells using your own voice. With this game, you’ll embark on a captivating journey as a wizard on a quest to uncover the secrets of an ancient power. You’ll traverse the mysterious depths of a long-forgotten temple, exploring its chambers; ones that overflow with indescribable beauty and unimaginable terror.

Now on GOG!
A demo would've been helpful here to test the mechanics...
The discount makes it cheap enough to take the risk. How good is the refund policy in case I don't like it? Is 2 hours the playtime limit?.
Provide_A_Username: A demo would've been helpful here to test the mechanics...
The discount makes it cheap enough to take the risk. How good is the refund policy in case I don't like it? Is 2 hours the playtime limit?.
To quote from the refund support page: "You may request a refund for a product up to 30 days after purchase, even if it was downloaded, launched, and played."
Cool to see older indies show up.
ReynardFox: It feels obligatory to link this AVGN clip.
Lol......classic AVGN was such a hoot.
Having to actually shout the spells into a microphone is a nice idea although it might put some people off.
What game could I possibly play whenever my upstairs neighbour decides that it's a good idea to move her furniture around at 2 a.m. in the morning while wearing her high heels... OH, I KNOW!! xD

Slash Vohaul: "Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!"

Bringing it back old school!
ReynardFox: It feels obligatory to link this AVGN clip.
Thank you both, for providing me much laughter and a solution to my "problem". ;)
Post edited July 17, 2023 by matterbandit
Here testing the damn "Please wait. Processing..."
GamezRanker: As said above(and on the store page) it can make use of a webcam as well. Because it
looks a wee bit interesting, I took a bit out of my budget and bought a copy. Will test
it out(well once GOG gets the offline installers up) soon-ish and then report back here.

note to all: offline installers don't seem to be available yet
PART1of3

GamezRanker bites the bullet** for the team
Nice, thats the attitude sir!
(May I ask if by this exact moment the offline installers are already available?
How long did it take under your knowledge?
I mean, thats a huge issue! I'd expect immediate action to solve it)

----
The F*cking forum software has been chewing
its endless & useless "Please wait. Processing..." multiple times!
Ive split my whole post in 3 parts trying to figure out
WTF it is not liking about it...
PART2of3
GamezRanker: ping
I'm fully curious on this vgame
Speech & lips recognition sound darn impressive to me (yep, in bold)
...I dont expect perfection at all, but a decent level to make it fun to use it
I wonder if it throws bursts of spells if I repeatedly talk them as fast as possible :)
yeh... if I solve the tongue twister challenge first as a non native speaker...
or me finds out how to ̶c̶h̶e̶a̶t̶ simplify the needed lips gestures
See? Interesting from multiple angles beyond of the genre/story baselines...

(Late addition:) I just read this review
"My mom overheard me casting spells and got worried. Now she thinks I’m into occul t** stuff"
One ramification more!
tag+: GamezRanker bites the bullet** for the team
Nice, thats the attitude sir!
(May I ask if by this exact moment the offline installers are already available?
How long did it take under your knowledge?
I mean, thats a huge issue! I'd expect immediate action to solve it)
I first bought the game a few days ago, and since then there have been no offline installers.
I just wrote a ticket about 6 hours ago(and attached a screenshot).....we shall see how it goes.

tag+: The F*cking forum software has been chewing
its endless & useless "Please wait. Processing..." multiple times!
Ive split my whole post in 3 parts trying to figure out
WTF it is not liking about it...
Sometimes if the formatting(brackets around quote/underlining/bolding tags, for example) is off, the post
won't go through....and then if you try reposting it with fixed formatting the forum seems to see it as
"post flooding" unless you change a certain amount of the wording/content of the post and try to post again.

OR, if your post is too long(character limit) it can also cause the post to not go through.
Post edited July 17, 2023 by GamezRanker
PART3of3
GamezRanker: ping
I appreciate this kind of releases. And even more with the full regional pricing & discount!
So far, my thumbs up to Indomitus Games

The problem is my monthly budget burned early with the summer sale invading also July
I rely I'll find the discount later to make my purchase
Anyway, I'll meet Verbis Virtus sooner than later. Thats a happy fact, I said :)

I hope you have fun playing it GamezRanker. Please let us know!

----
Verdict: F*CK YA! Why is occul t** a censored/forbidden word on the forum??!!
once I misspelled, after MULTIPLE tries to post PART2of3, it went trough...
And as usual, the inconsistent rules: Forbidden here, but not on reviews...
(During the zillion attempts I did, I misspelled on purpose suspicious words,
like bullet, cheat, darn, lips, occul t...
Thats the reason of the ** on PART1of3: I forgot to remove it when I reverted that misspell)
tag+: I hope you have fun playing it GamezRanker. Please let us know!
Once I can get GOG to upload the offline installers and find a bit of time to test it out, I will
be sure to do so. Also best of luck to ya in (hopefully someday soon) obtaining your own copy :)
tag+: I hope you have fun playing it GamezRanker. Please let us know!
GamezRanker: Once I can get GOG to upload the offline installers and find a bit of time to test it out, I will
be sure to do so. Also best of luck to ya in (hopefully someday soon) obtaining your own copy :)
Thanks sir and sorry for the mess. Yep, it will happen soon :)

And confirmed: occul t is a censored/forbidden word!!
Maybe they tried to filter words used by love potion spammers.
VanishedOne: Maybe they tried to filter words used by love potion spammers.
Yeah, I like that theory

I created a thread to test how the word behaves for the rest,
you might try

gog.com/forum/general/let_me_challenge_you_can_you_post_the_word_occul_t