It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I need a Heart in order to open it

Highly-praised, indie psychological horror with pixel graphics – IMSCARED is now available on GOG with a -20% discount that lasts until August 2nd, 1 PM UTC!

This title protagonizes you, the player, and puts you in a surreal first-person experience. Find keys, open doors and search for the exit to this nightmare. But be warned, it will try to deceive you as many times as it can.

Check it out now!
It appears this release doesn't have achievements like the Steam release, will these be added soon?
Doesn't this game use the internet to do things. Can it even be played offline?
Have to say, the game looks just like what the title suggests: so cheap they couldn't even afford a space or an apostrophe.
"Story rich", says the tags.

Anyone know if it really is? Seems like it's 1-2 hours of gameplay or 3-ish for a completionist play. That in conjunction with >puzzle >exploration >hidden object >difficult just doesn't sound like there would be time for much story.
WHATIFIMNOTSCARED?! O.o
triock: WHATIFIMNOTSCARED?! O.o
THENYOUWILLDIEBRAVERTHANMOST - DARTHVADER
high rated
The game doesn't look like much of anything, but I decided to look into it anyway. Here's what I found:

1> Total play time is about an hour.

2> There's an over reliance on jump scares to make the game scary.

3> There's points in the game where you need to read a text file that the game generates while leaving the game open.

4> There's several occasions where the game just closes itself with no warning.

5> The Steam version of the game won't let you progress to the very end unless you have obtained all achievements to the extent that it makes you restart from the beginning just to obtain achievements that were not even obtainable the first time through (meaning you did nothing wrong).

6> Story is vague.

I'm giving this one a pass.
Squint.

Feigns a cigarette puff.

It looks like someone tried to turn a primative Build Engine game into a horror game. [Derogatory]
Oh my God lighten up everybody. It is a lo-fi indie horror game with heavy meta elements and it is less than five dollars. Go into it with the right mindset on a dark stormy night and you'll have some spooky fun with it. Remember fun? I think there are many people in this board who don't remember how to have it.
fun is overrated
There are a surprising number of users in the discord, so someone must like this game, I guess.

Maybe it has hidden qualities?
GOG.com: This title protagonizes you, the player......
Don't most games do that as well?
(also Protagonize is not being a word)

----------------

Musing: I wonder if we will someday get a prequel called DONTHUGME?
Post edited July 27, 2023 by GamezRanker
"Imscared is a horror game that protagonizes the player"

Keep releasing those hits GOG.
I wonder if this game uses the Doom engine? INEEDSOMEANSWERS.