It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play a story-driven psychological horror game in which an obscure event causes two of your friends to disappear while you were camping in the woods. Horror Story: Hallowseed is now available on GOG.COM, sporting a 20% discount until 4th November 2021, 6 PM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Devs, you may want to add some spacing between the words on the sales page.
I wouldn't buy the game at launch because of this https://steamcommunity.com/id/sklurb/recommended/1151250 . Going to wait for gog reviews first.
Game Page doesn't show if you're allowed to rebind controls...
Post edited October 29, 2021 by Zoidberg
low rated
macrodeath: I wouldn't buy the game at launch
I wouldn't buy it on launch, nor at any other point in the future either, given that the dev gave his Steam customers Achievements, but not his GOG customers.
Sorry about throwing this over here, but:

@GOG!
Could we add Monstrum to the Halloween sale, please?
Right now Steam has it at a -80% discount.
Can we please get some similar offer?
Post edited October 29, 2021 by pazZzurro
Can somebody answer some basic questions about this game, please?

1. Are there jump scares?
2. How long does it take to finish this game? (I found, that it should be 3 hours.)
3. Is there some additional replayability value?
4. What makes horror atmosphere in this game? (i.e. Dark Corners of the Earth was build on fright from unknown which is inevitable, Sillent Hill 4 makes atmosphere by great sound system and feeling of scarcity, etc.)
macrodeath: I wouldn't buy the game at launch because of this https://steamcommunity.com/id/sklurb/recommended/1151250 . Going to wait for gog reviews first.
Personally, I don't care much about some dev-was-rude controversy. In the end, he apologized, so whatevs!
macrodeath: I wouldn't buy the game at launch because of this https://steamcommunity.com/id/sklurb/recommended/1151250 . Going to wait for gog reviews first.
KasperHviid: Personally, I don't care much about some dev-was-rude controversy. In the end, he apologized, so whatevs!
Ditto. I'm much more concerned about all the developers and publishers that refuse to sell their games on DRM-free stores. That is the real rudeness when it comes to developers as it is ignoring or outright rejecting your customers.
Edit: never mind, it turns out every game page is broken right now, not just this one.
Post edited October 29, 2021 by VanishedOne
rjbuffchix: Ditto. I'm much more concerned about all the developers and publishers that refuse to sell their games on DRM-free stores. That is the real rudeness when it comes to developers as it is ignoring or outright rejecting your customers.
That's nothing. What's concerning is that developers are giving us the middle finger by really selling cut down versions of games as DRM free. If a game does not have achievements or whatever then fine but if a Steam game has something then a GOG game should as well seeing as GOG supports it, no matter how trivial people think it is.
rjbuffchix: Ditto. I'm much more concerned about all the developers and publishers that refuse to sell their games on DRM-free stores. That is the real rudeness when it comes to developers as it is ignoring or outright rejecting your customers.
PromZA: That's nothing. What's concerning is that developers are giving us the middle finger by really selling cut down versions of games as DRM free. If a game does not have achievements or whatever then fine but if a Steam game has something then a GOG game should as well seeing as GOG supports it, no matter how trivial people think it is.
Agreed, and that's a pretty intelligent statement for a zombie, your line checks out :D To GOG's credit, some games that weren't going to get updates here were removed (I think something like this happened with Supraland?). But it's still a sad situation because there are people who bought the game only for it to now be out of date and removed from sale. I try not to get too caught up in updates since I am an offline installer user but it is still unfortunate.
Is this an older game? Or just really generic? Because I'd swear I've seen that trailer before.
low rated
PromZA: That's nothing. What's concerning is that developers are giving us the middle finger by really selling cut down versions of games as DRM free. If a game does not have achievements or whatever then fine but if a Steam game has something then a GOG game should as well seeing as GOG supports it, no matter how trivial people think it is.
Gog has imported too many casuals at this point though, and the older users just talk shit to anyone asking for parity.
"All I care about is muh offline installers and muh drm-free'ish, if you want more than me I'll gaslight you with all my chud buds and downvote like a child. Also, what's up with all this DRM lately, dur."
This is why we can't have nice things, and why gog will continue declining and become steam 2.0.