It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A gritty noir-punk action-adventure set in a world dependent on a rapidly diminishing natural resource – Gunbrella from Devolver Digital is now available on GOG alongside its Deluxe Edition.

Fill the rain-soaked boots of a gruff woodsman on a quest for revenge, entering an unfamiliar town armed only with the titular Gunbrella, a high-caliber firearm that doubles as an umbrella. Your hard-nosed investigation soon becomes entangled with the inner workings of a creepy cabal of ghouls and gangsters, cops and cultists, and the fallout of corporate exploitation.

It’s a thrilling, side-scrolling platformer in which you’ll uncover the dark secrets of a gritty, tangled metropolis and battle diabolic villains – now that sounds like fun to us!
roguelite, why roguelite of all things, I'm tired of roguelike games
Darvond: But also now would be a good time to admit to using a fuzzy logic neural network for game tagging because it feels like some program looked over the game's screenshots and tried to guess them from circumstance.
That... would actually explain a lot.

Mori_Yuki: Edit: It seems like GOG also removed the tag, and so the case of 'Detective Bearcule Gogbearov and the Female Protagonist in Gumbrella' has been solved. ;-)
Holy shit, that's the first time GOG fixed a game's nonsensical tags. Now they just need to do that with... probably the majority of their catalogue, and tags may actually become usable for browsing the store.

Sachys: Really wish people would stop adding "punk" to the end of something to pretend its a new and fresh genre.
I'm genuinely surprised no one tried to use "pixelpunk" as a genre name yet.
Post edited September 15, 2023 by Breja
csanjuro: roguelite, why roguelite of all things, I'm tired of roguelike games
Don't worry, the roguelite part isn't true, and the tag has been since removed (we were discussing the likely reason for the mistake a few posts above). I haven't played a lot of it yet, but the game seems to have a fun, if slightly unconventional movement system, which extends to the way the combat feels. I think they nailed the feeling of the movement itself, however, which is important in platformers.

I'd still recommend checking a video, to see if you like the aestethic and how committal the starting shotgun is (since there is a long break between shots, you are forced to be in "dodge mode" whenever you don't one shot enemies).
Post edited September 15, 2023 by mdqp
mdqp: Don't worry, the roguelite part isn't true, and the tag has been since removed (we were discussing the likely reason for the mistake a few posts above). I haven't played a lot of it yet, but the game seems to have a fun, if slightly unconventional movement system, which extends to the way the combat feels. I think they nailed the feeling of the movement itself, however, which is important in platformers.

I'd still recommend checking a video, to see if you like the aestethic and how committal the starting shotgun is (since there is a long break between shots, you are forced to be in "dodge mode" whenever you don't one shot enemies).
thanks for the clarification
csanjuro: thanks for the clarification
Happy to help. You might still not like the game, but at least you won't be lead astray by the wrong tags. I have a huge amount of "rogue-like-lite" fatigue, so I'd understand turning down a game simply because of it. I play almost any genre, but in the indie space everything seems to be rogue-something in recent years, and it's gotten tiresome for me.