It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grim Fandango resurrected.

Grim Fandango Remastered, a modern restoration of the single most wishlisted game on GOG.com, is available now, DRM-free for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux!

Grim Fandango is just one of those games, it doesn't really need much of an introduction. The unique blend of Mexican folklore with film noir stylings - Tim Schafer's last and greatest hurrah as LucasArts' adventure-gaming-extraordinaire - is widely considered to simply be the best adventure game ever made. Grim Fandango Remastered refreshes and refines the award-winning title, finally making a piece of history available to everyone - hassle-free with no need to leave the dry land. The remaster modernizes the game's presentation and gameplay in a way that improves, but does not distort, the original experience. That means higher quality models and textures, but a familiar unaltered art style; the same musical score as before, re-recorded in higher quality with no unnecessary compression; and perhaps best of all: a new point-and-click interface - but one that is fully optional - the original tank controls are just a few clicks away.

If you missed Grim Fandango the first time around, now's your chance to experience gaming history like never before (or just like before, your call). If you have played it in its heyday - you're probably long overdue for another go anyway. Grim Fandango Remastered is available right now, DRM-free, on GOG.com!
Astorek86: Huh? I just wondering about the language... Only english right now? What about the other languages? :)
They are all in the installer :)
shmerl: The game doesn't launch on Linux. I reported the bug here.
It launched fine on Mint 17 and Ubuntu 14.04 :) Also, make sure you aren't using the open source AMD graphics drivers :) Or just wait for version 1.1.7 which is getting rolled ASAP today :)
zaine-h: What are the other 4 top games ever?
Novotnus: Planescape: Torment, The Cat Lady, Sanitarium, Deadly Premonition.
No Downfall? Bad giant zombie cat, BAD! :P
JudasIscariot: Or just wait for version 1.1.7 which is getting rolled ASAP today :)
shmerl: The version is the game card is reported as 1.1.7, but tarball has version 1.0.0.3.

Or how start.sh from GOG defines them:

declare -r VERSION="1.0.0.3"
declare -r VERSION_DEV="1.1.7"

So not sure what I got. 1.1.7 that you meant or not?
Yes, 1.0.0.3 = Grim Fandango Remastered version 1.1.7.
Daliz: Are you sure the package is not corrupted? I've had some GOG downloads (large ones) go corrupt so that KDE's default Ark tool extracts them and gives no warning but files are missing. But gzip -t reports it as corrupted.
shmerl: gzip -t returned without errors for me. So it's not corrupted.

On a side note - it seems like they put almost the whole Steam runtime in there...

It can be 32 bit related issues. Not the first time I see problems with overflows on a multi-terrabyte XFS partition. Unity3D had that annoying bug for example. It's really a good time to stop producing 32 bit builds altogether...
From what I know, the game is supposed to be in 32 and 64-bit.
JudasIscariot: No Downfall? Bad giant zombie cat, BAD! :P
omega64: I'll wait for the remake of Downfall.
I can't stand the resolution for that game. :P
Casuaaaallll :P

How can one not enjoy the glorious pixels in the original? :O
Post edited January 27, 2015 by JudasIscariot
lukaszthegreat: Game starts no issue.
Cutscene plays with no isssues
the moment the game becomes playable the screen is completely black. the bars on right and left are visible. the icon for inventory is visible, options menu is visible.

the game is not.

weird bug :)
Please send us a support ticket with your DxDiag attached so we can investigate :)
sithocan: I'm undecided between HumbleStore and GOG. Humblestore gives DRM-free version and steam key and nothing else. On the other hand, GOG gives 3 making of videos which you can download from Youtube and HD wallpaper (I don't know resolution, is there one type, or several, etc). Which one should I go?
The videos are not youtube quality. Each one weighs in at around 1.5 GB or so :) One weighs in at around 800 MB, though.
JudasIscariot: The videos are not youtube quality. Each one weighs in at around 1.5 GB or so :) One weighs in at around 800 MB, though.
stg83: Yeah, but its not just free content for anyone that buys the game. The videos are free period, for everyone to see on the Double Fine's youtube channel. The soundtrack on the other hand would have been really nice. :)
Yep, it would have been really nice but we simply cannot add it at this time, sorry :(
JudasIscariot: Yep, it would have been really nice but we simply cannot add it at this time, sorry :(
stg83: I know you guys are limited with what the developers/publishers provide with the game but I hope in the future some more cool goodies can be added with the game other then just a wallpaper. ;)
Well, there is the Grim Fandango art contest where the winning art will get added to the bonus goodies section :)