It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Old school dungeon crawled game made by a single developer – Ghoul Castle 3D: Gold Edition is here, with a -40% launch discount until November 21st, 5PM UTC!

Ghoul Castle 3D: Gold Edition is an immersive first-person dungeon crawler in which you’ll venture through intricate labyrinths in search of an escape from the forsaken realm. Engage in intense melee battles against vampires, skeletons, and monstrous spiders while navigating the depths of the underworld. Your ultimate goal: vanquish the malevolent Duke who’s been possessed by an ancient curse!

Now on GOG!
Looks decent enough, especially for a one-man project.
Is that Sir Whoopass at 0:04 in the trailer lol?

Well Sir Whoopass was an asset flip done right, so I'll give Ghoul Castle 3D a chance too. It's cheap at least.
Instabuy
The graphics look alright and good enough for me but the combat animation is very simplistic but acceptable for that incredibly low price. Almost makes me wonder how simple the game is if it is that cheap. Nethack et al come to mind when I saw the trailer.
How long is this game? And is it good? :D
XYCat: How long is this game? And is it good? :D
According to Howlongtobeat.com, it'll take just over 4 hours to beat/finish...

https://howlongtobeat.com/game/101579
Post edited November 14, 2023 by Trooper1270
Some of those bullet points... o.O
- Intense melee head-to-head combat
- Oldschool gameplay just like famous retro shooters
- Upgrade your armor by progressing through levels
Whatever head-to-head combat is supposed to mean. =P That gameplay trailer certainly didn't make it look very intense.
high rated
Must complain: was hoping for a party-based one ...
Just watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4qKziSejrE

He says it's rather on the easy side so I think I'll get it. The price is a steal anyway :)
Anyone else having a problem falling through the floor?
David9855: Anyone else having a problem falling through the floor?
No, didnt happen to me. In what level does this happen?
P-E-S: Some of those bullet points... o.O

- Intense melee head-to-head combat
- Oldschool gameplay just like famous retro shooters
- Upgrade your armor by progressing through levels
P-E-S: Whatever head-to-head combat is supposed to mean. =P That gameplay trailer certainly didn't make it look very intense.
The developer (or whomever from the publisher wrote that copy) presumably doesn't really understand what "head-to-head" means (since there's no indication that the game has multiplayer). :D
Meanwhile, I was scratching my head more at the page's claim of "gameplay just like famous retro shooters". I mean, yeah, it's real-time with free (i.e., not grid-based) movement. But even leaving aside the fact that it's apparently mostly-to-entirely melee-based, the gameplay seems to be a hell of a lot slower than in the vast majority of those shooters (apart from maybe the really early ones, like Wolfenstein 3D). That's like saying a hypothetical new Diablo II-style ARPG has gameplay "just like classic RTS games" just because they both involve point-and-click controls and the viewing perspectives are similar. Why make confusing comparisons to games from a rather different gameplay genre?
David9855: Anyone else having a problem falling through the floor?
Yes, there is a glitch at the end of the Level "Hallway of Pillars".

After the second run i will report if it is possible to finish the level.

Edit:

Ok, it is possible to complete the level. Before you reach the boss fight, ignore the two guards and go straight up the stairs to the boss. That works.
Post edited November 25, 2023 by kultpcgames
OPlays23: No, didnt happen to me. In what level does this happen?
Level 6