It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Expand your Ghostrunner inventory even further with new swords and glove sets. Ghostrunner: Neon Pack is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will last until 7th September 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Cosmetic DLC for goatrunner? :D
oh, all these cool interesting games have free updates, Hedon, Spiritfarer...
Ghostrunner: pst, interested in some cosmetics for 5 €?
Oooh, glowy things. Amazing.
The trailer mentions two new game modes:
* Assist - Shorter cooldown on/off, Extra life on/off, Slow gameplay: Normal/Slow/Slower
* Wave - survive waves of enemies

But there's nothing about them in the description and the DLC file size is only 6 MB.

Anyway, wishlisted. I'll almost certainly wait for some kind of deluxe version that bundles everything, but I like to keep track of these things all the same.

Edit: maybe I should mention that the trailer specifically says "Ghostrunner Neon Pack". Sometimes base game trailers show up on the DLC pages, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The trailers on the base game page are different.
Attachments:
grneon_01.jpg (388 Kb)
grneon_02.jpg (476 Kb)
grneon_03.jpg (444 Kb)
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Ice_Mage
Ice_Mage: The trailer mentions two new game modes:
* Assist - Shorter cooldown on/off, Extra life on/off, Slow gameplay: Normal/Slow/Slower
* Wave - survive waves of enemies
I did not watch the new trailer but those new modes explain the 12 gb update I just received for Ghostrunner.
Shows at least one company is still able to do cosmetic content which isn’t online gated…
It's a bit unclear what they are actually selling here. Just out of curiosity since I don't own the game, reading the Steam forums it would seem that this makes new gloves available that need to be unlocked playing with new added game modes?
Assist and Wave modes are free updates that are included in the latest patch.

There is a glove and a sword to be unlocked by finishing wave mode.

The Neon Pack is a set of 3 cosmetic pairs of gloves and swords that are automatically unlocked.
MischiefMaker: Assist and Wave modes are free updates that are included in the latest patch.

There is a glove and a sword to be unlocked by finishing wave mode.

The Neon Pack is a set of 3 cosmetic pairs of gloves and swords that are automatically unlocked.
thank you for the clarification ;)
Dogmaus: oh, all these cool interesting games have free updates, Hedon, Spiritfarer...
Ghostrunner: pst, interested in some cosmetics for 5 €?
The latest update for Ghostrunner added a completely new wave mode so it's not like there is no new real content for the game available. These cosmetic DLCs are not needed at all imo. There are already enough skins that you can find in the main game or unlock by beating any of the other game modes that are included and they all don't cost a cent.
nightcraw1er.488: Shows at least one company is still able to do cosmetic content which isn’t online gated…
Doesn't matter whether overpriced microtransaction crap is included within an in game cash shop, or sold as separate DLC.

The problem is it's worthless content.
Meaning the Value as rated in dev time/effort/quality, when compared to the base games content is worth less than a single penny/cent, thus worth noting at all).

One glove+sword mesh with five recolours of what appears the exact same texture.
This is the sort of content that should be free DLC.

Base game is $30, so for $5 you should expect an expansion approximately equal to a sixth of that base game.
The devs still benefit, from having most of the core systems already done.
So making such expansion content is always far quicker, and cheaper than starting from scratch.

This is woefully inadequate content.
They are basically trying to imply that making 6 of these Glove+Sword DLCs is equal to the entire base game.
That's capitalism, baby!