Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work on Win8. the game will crash when starting the game.
Does anyone else have an idea how to start the game in english, when your OS is in another language?
Yes ! I made the research too because I've got a french version of windows.
So, to change your language
, here is what I finally came up with... Beware, make a backup of folders etc.. because you'll have to alter game folders/files of installed game.
Here it is to have a game which has been installed in french to be changed into english. Part 1
Inside each of this folders, we will replace the french subfolders with the eng-UK subfolders. So you'll have to repeat the steps in each folder. Please take attention to the language names of subfolders, which may vary, so choose according to your language.
(1) Go in each folder, you need to delete* the "fr" subfolder. * (or rename in whatever you want to backup it)
(2) Copy the "en-UK" subfolder.
(3) Rename this copy into "fr" to replace the deleted subfolder.
The concerned folders :
C:\GOG Games\FATE\SOUNDS\VOICES Part 2
In same idea, one dll has to live same treatment.
(1) Go to the folder, you need to delete* "fr-FR.dll". * (or rename in whatever you want to backup it)
(2) Copy "en-UK.dll".
(3) Rename this copy into "fr-FR.dll" to replace the deleted dll.
The concerned fodler :
C:\GOG Games\FATE\LANG Part 3
You have to deleted EVERYTHING in this folder (the "cache" and "persistent" subfolders) :
And if you follow the 3 steps, this should work (it did for me).
(the third part is very important it seems, really don't skip it if you modify something !)
Thanks to informations & people in these links : https://steamcommunity.com/app/246840/discussions/0/630799905179740033
Hope this'll help :)
this did the trick. thank you very much for the detailed instructions.