It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fabled Lands, an old-school open world RPG from Prime Games, is available on GOG with a 40% discount, ending on December 12th, 2 PM UTC.

An iconic gamebooks series by Dave Morris and Jamie Thomson took a digital turn as an adventure-ridden RPG! A classic fantasy narrative will guide you through plenty of quests and open-world locations. Choose a class, make decisions, explore, trade and fight!

Get it now, or check out the free demo and see for yourself!
kai2: ... do you have an idea how long the game is?

I checked the How Long to Beat site and no one has input that info. yet.
According to the dev it's about 36-45 hours .
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1299620/discussions/0/3382778848129219572/#c3382778848129576857
Post edited December 04, 2022 by DD & Ji Ji
kai2: ... do you have an idea how long the game is?

I checked the How Long to Beat site and no one has input that info. yet.
DD & Ji Ji: According to the dev it's about 36-45 hours .
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1299620/discussions/0/3382778848129219572/#c3382778848129576857
Thanks!
Hey, all! I am Victor, the dev of Fabled Lands, having a blast reading through the thread. I am very happy you guys are excited. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
primegamesbg: Hey, all! I am Victor, the dev of Fabled Lands, having a blast reading through the thread. I am very happy you guys are excited. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Victor, great to see you in the comments! While its always good to see beautiful new releases, having developers make an appearance and stand by their work (like you just have commenting here), IMO really helps to sell the game and experience. Thanks for taking the time to check-in and field questions.

I read on another forum that there may be dlc in the pipeline. Are there any more concrete thoughts on that?

Anyway...

... until this release I never knew a Fabled Lands video game existed (glad you brought it to GOG!). Now...

... I've absolutely fallen in love with the art direction...

... and am REALLY looking forward to playing the game!
Thank you for the kind words, kai2!

Yes, I am currently working on Lords of the Rising Sun DLC. The artist is a bit behind so we probably won't be able to hit pre Winter sale release (as it was planned) but most likely end of Jan or early Feb. You can get some sneak peek on the art here in the dev-log #30 on Steam (Idk if it's ok to link it here but I'll figure it out: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1299620/view/3386171859245630023?l=english)

The game definitely takes some getting used to. I've been very faithful to the source material with all its caveats but I am really happy how it turned out. Once players caught their pace they usually stick with the game and explore a lot.

There are some neat guides as well which can help a new player if they're into that.