It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Door Kickers: Action Squad is now available DRM-free and 35% off. Door Kickers, which now fully supports achievements and multiplayer is available 85% off. Promo ends on May 3rd, 10am UTC.

Door Kickers: Action Squad is a crazy old school side-scroller action game that puts you in the role of a SWAT trooper and sends you to deal with the bad guys in Nowhere City USA.

Rescue hostages, disarm bombs and save the day in this old school, side-scroller action game with retro graphics and retro sensibilities. Online and Couch Coop Included.
Cool. Indie week indeed. ;)
BreOl72: Let's kick some more doors...
What have those poor doors ever done to you? It's not their fault you keep running into them!
Cross play between Gog and Steam possible?
GOG.com: now fully supports achievements and multiplayer
Cool!
Buttspikes: "Realistic Police Tactics"

Where are these police tactics enacted exactly? Pray tell so I can steer as far away from that place as possible.

Looks nice, but still prefer the original Door Kickers. Cheers to those interested.
Watch the trailer until the very end - it's 'Ridiculous Police Tactics' :-) It certainly has got more comedy included than screenshots show. It's just not the level of sillyness as in Broforce, emphasis on tactics is still most significant.
Post edited April 27, 2019 by zeffyr
Ashleee: Hey, the latest ver of the original Door Kickers available on our store is 1.1.5, it was updated today :)
adamhm: What about the Linux version? That still seems to be 1.0.9...
Action Squad (and Door Kickers) use GOG Galaxy for MP framework, and there's no SDK for Linux.

As for cross platform, not at the moment,
Post edited April 27, 2019 by gognaiba
adamhm: What about the Linux version? That still seems to be 1.0.9...
gognaiba: Action Squad (and Door Kickers) use GOG Galaxy for MP framework, and there's no SDK for Linux.

As for cross platform, not at the moment,
Do the versions between 1.0.9 and 1.1.5 only contain multiplayer and fixes for it then?
While Door Kickers has quite good graphics and comes with a Linux version it's sad to see Door Kickers: Action Squad coming 4 years later with worse graphics and without a Linux version. Not to talk about the regional pricing introduced with Action Squad... Sorry, but for me this is a disappointing release.
Post edited April 27, 2019 by eiii
This looks way more interesting than the top down version.
eiii: While Door Kickers has quite good graphics and comes with a Linux version it's sad to see Door Kickers: Action Squad coming 4 years later with worse graphics and without a Linux version.
Quote from Linux Game News:
Hi Todd, We are planning a port for linux but I can’t give you a timeline. As we didn’t actually finish working on the current version.
We will wait and see...
The original Door Kickers >>>>>>> this game .
I've been enjoying Action Squad. Any fan of side scrolling shooters should have a lot of fun with it.

The game also runs great so far under Wine Staging 4.6, with controller support. I did have to use the "Emulate a virtual desktop" option, it wasn't happy with full-screen exclusive mode.
Really enjoying it, fun game, good artwork, banging soundtrack. I think it makes my pc at least 20% cooler just for having it installed.
eiii: While Door Kickers has quite good graphics and comes with a Linux version it's sad to see Door Kickers: Action Squad coming 4 years later with worse graphics and without a Linux version. Not to talk about the regional pricing introduced with Action Squad... Sorry, but for me this is a disappointing release.
Action Squad was released like a couple months ago on Steam and it's new. Wut you talkin bout.
eiii: While Door Kickers has quite good graphics and comes with a Linux version it's sad to see Door Kickers: Action Squad coming 4 years later with worse graphics and without a Linux version. Not to talk about the regional pricing introduced with Action Squad... Sorry, but for me this is a disappointing release.
Flesh420.613: Action Squad was released like a couple months ago on Steam and it's new. Wut you talkin bout.
Right, Action Squad has been released almost 4 years after Door Kickers. Nevertheless the original Door Kickers has better graphics and comes with better operation system support. That's why Action Squad is a disappointing release for me. But at least a Linux version seems to be planned.
Flesh420.613: Action Squad was released like a couple months ago on Steam and it's new. Wut you talkin bout.
eiii: Right, Action Squad has been released almost 4 years after Door Kickers. Nevertheless the original Door Kickers has better graphics and comes with better operation system support. That's why Action Squad is a disappointing release for me. But at least a Linux version seems to be planned.
It's actually really fun. It's meant to be a spinoff and not too serious.
Action Squad is like an old school side shooter with gear and cover. You should give it a shot if you dig that sorta thing.