It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In this RPG your hero develops in… quite a surprising way.

Din's Legacy from Soldak Entertainment is an action RPG set in a fantasy world. As a member of the Mutated race, we must fulfil assignments given to us by the trickster god Din. Along with our progress, the character we play mutates for the better or worse.

The game is available on GOG.COM with a 25% discount that lasts until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Wishlisted until further purchase! I have the entire Soldak saga so I'm sold on getting this soon!
M3troid: Is it related to Din's Curse in some way?
MischiefMaker: Story-wise it's the next chapter in the Depths of Peril > Din's Curse > Zombasite >Din's Legacy saga.
Don't forget Kivi's Underworld. :)
Re: "story" -- I've only played Din's Curse and a little bit of the Zombasite demo (plus watched a GOG streamer play Depths of Peril once), but from what I understand, there is no real story in any of these games, only an excuse plot and a sprinkling of background lore. (This is certainly true of the titles I've seen.)
Re: "saga" -- LOL ;P
MischiefMaker: It incorporates just about all of the features of Soldak's previous fantasy games. Drox Operative is the only one not rendered obsolete.
With respect to game mechanics, I though this was meant to be more of a follow-up to Din's Curse, eschewing most or all of the faction-related stuff that was such a major part of DoP, Drox (I think?) and Zombasite? If that's true, then Zombasite is definitely not rendered obsolete, either.
Co-op multiplayer to adventure with friends
Does it have multiplayer (co-op) via LAN / DC?
HunchBluntley: With respect to game mechanics, I though this was meant to be more of a follow-up to Din's Curse, eschewing most or all of the faction-related stuff that was such a major part of DoP, Drox (I think?) and Zombasite? If that's true, then Zombasite is definitely not rendered obsolete, either.
Some generated worlds have rival factions. It's just defeating them isn't the goal anymore. The main goal is clearing all the quest lines.
HunchBluntley: With respect to game mechanics, I though this was meant to be more of a follow-up to Din's Curse, eschewing most or all of the faction-related stuff that was such a major part of DoP, Drox (I think?) and Zombasite? If that's true, then Zombasite is definitely not rendered obsolete, either.
MischiefMaker: Some generated worlds have rival factions. It's just defeating them isn't the goal anymore. The main goal is clearing all the quest lines.
Okay, thanks.
Frankly, I would prefer it if having factions at all was optional (and maybe it is), but as long as they're not the centerpiece, it's probably fine. (That aspect of the game was why I barely played the Zombasite demo before uninstalling.)
MischiefMaker: Some generated worlds have rival factions. It's just defeating them isn't the goal anymore. The main goal is clearing all the quest lines.
HunchBluntley: Okay, thanks.
Frankly, I would prefer it if having factions at all was optional (and maybe it is), but as long as they're not the centerpiece, it's probably fine. (That aspect of the game was why I barely played the Zombasite demo before uninstalling.)
Enemy factions can be toggled off in world generation.
HunchBluntley: Okay, thanks.
MischiefMaker: Enemy factions can be toggled off in world generation.
Cool. Is the zombie plague aspect from Zombasite in there as an option as well?
It's not a toggle at the moment, but there can be plagued monsters RNG-willing.
Moobot. Why did you give one star review for this game!? Did you play it?

https://www.gog.com/game/dins_legacy
high rated
novumZ: Moobot. Why did you give one star review for this game!? Did you play it?

Don't want to be a dick (this time at least), but I reported that 'review'. :/

Edit: In before someone mentions this, I know that isn't novumZ's review, just wanted to say I reported the review. :)
Post edited December 19, 2019 by NuffCatnip
novumZ: Moobot. Why did you give one star review for this game!? Did you play it?

NuffCatnip: Don't want to be a dick (this time at least), but I reported that 'review'. :/

Edit: In before someone mentions this, I know that isn't novumZ's review, just wanted to say I reported the review. :)
i did too! :D
Does Soldak have difficulty developing on GOG? None of their games have achievements, and Din's Legacy seems to be no exception.

It can't be that much more difficult to add.
Why is it Linux/Win only? The Mac version is available from Soldak, Steam and Humble.
rampancy: Why is it Linux/Win only? The Mac version is available from Soldak, Steam and Humble.
Because Mac no longer supports 32-bit applications:

http://www.soldak.com/Blogs/Steven/Dropping-Mac-support.html
That's not why. It's because GOG made the bone-headed decision not to list any 32-bit Mac games, even though there's no reason for that and no other stores do (aside from Apple's own store, I assume).