It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The world has been taken over by the evil Dr. Progen and his merciless synthetic army and only you, the sole survivor of the ninja clan, can save the day. Cyber Shadow is now available on GOG.COM! Dash, slice, and leap your way through the depths of Mekacity along with your robotic companion L-Gion in this dynamic platform game!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
jcbgnkbv: What a relief, without pointless achievements.

Seriously though, wouldn't you rather have an achievements-less version of a game than no game at all?
Yes achievements ARE FROM SATAN!
jcbgnkbv: What a relief, without pointless achievements.

Seriously though, wouldn't you rather have an achievements-less version of a game than no game at all?
Alexim: The point is not to have or not to have the game on GOG, the point is that so many developers are able to add Galaxy's achievements, while others apparently don't care, and it just so happens that they are always the same publishers.
Thank fucking god!
MischiefMaker: What are you talking about? The game is full of Achievements, called "Feats." I just got one for defeating the first boss without hitting him in the back.
Alexim: If the game has in-game achievements it's a good thing, but I'm talking about Galaxy's achievements, and in this case it would be even easier than expected to link them to their version on the launcher.
No it's a real bad bad thing!
Post edited January 27, 2021 by fr33kSh0w2012
IronArcturus: Is it like a Metroidvania?
UCrest: No, it's not a Metroidvania. It's a typical Ninja Gaiden-style action game. I'm telling you, it's pure action in the style of the classic Nes titles of this genre. And with a difficulty curve very much in the style of the 80's video games. It's great, it's fun, it's hard... it's a retro love letter.
Thank you.
I couldn't find it on the latest news from Metroidvaniareview.com either, so it bears out.
I have no immediate interest in it then, but I hope it achieves what it wants to.
Alexim:
ShadowWulfe: Additionally, I would be hard pressed to trust a developer to keep the GOG version up to date or even keep it here period if they're not willing to put in the bare minimum effort to add something as simple as achievements.

It speaks volumes of their work ethic, or lack thereof.
This indeed is an issue that shouldn't be dismissed by GOG or publishers because it's not limited to achievements..
I've seen games on GOG get certain updates much later than Steam or not at all in some cases.
It may not be the usual case, but if it happens even once it damages customer trust in titles on GOG.

Maybe worth GOG clamping down on these inconsistencies.
MischiefMaker: What are you talking about? The game is full of Achievements, called "Feats." I just got one for defeating the first boss without hitting him in the back.
Alexim: If the game has in-game achievements it's a good thing, but I'm talking about Galaxy's achievements, and in this case it would be even easier than expected to link them to their version on the launcher.
I agree 100%. I've ended up purchasing titles on Steam because the GOG version lacked achievements. I know so called "gaming purists" scoff at achievements, but imo they do add a little extra incentive to go the extra mile on a playthrough, adding to the enjoyment.
Post edited January 28, 2021 by MrAlphaNumeric
Looks cool!
Well, maybe if enough people think that this is important ... devs will consider.
I would never use Galaxy because it is all about tracking (similar to DRM) - so supporting it additionally is OK,
but forcing it would be somehow against the roots of GOG.
So inline achievements are superior.
I would expect such claims on Steam, not here.

Another point is that there are much more important things asked for (see forum threads) - like difficulty settings,
ability of ducking or even a local Co-op mode (yes, not an inferior online one - same argument as above -
but having local and online multiplayer is OK for me - but the priority should be clear on GOG:
LOCAL WITHOUT DRM!

This game is shining already ... and may get even really great if it gets similar care as "Shovel Knight" got!
Post edited January 28, 2021 by JMB9