It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Automatic, supersonic, hypnotic, funky fresh.

<span class="bold">Crookz - The Big Heist</span>, a funky tactical heist game is available now for Windows and Mac, DRM-free on GOG.com with full support for GOG Galaxy Achievements.

Handlebar mustache and cherry-red plaid, get-rich-quick scheme and a true masterplan. Your crew is the best there is at what you do, but what you do isn't very nice - though it sure it is profitable. Still, breaking into the richest homes to steal the finest of jewelry can only stay exciting for so long. A grand opportunity, a rare world-famous jewel, a betrayal, and a falling out. Years later, you come together for one last job... Your master stroke.
Crookz is a tactical heist simulator straight from the funky 70's. Strongly inspired by world-class titles like Hitman and SWAT, it's a game of open-ended missions, rewarding planning and a mix of exploration. If it makes sense in the game world, you can probably use it to further your means.

Criminals always roller disco back to the crime scene, especially in <span class="bold">Crookz - The Big Heist</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com!
So... anyone taken one for the team so they can tell us if it's any good?
Crosmando: So... anyone taken one for the team
Erm, you first. I love the genre (vote The Sting), but won't bet 30€ on that one immediately. Especially with the Pillars expansion and the unclear rumors of incoming bethesda...

At a tinier price, I'd have gladly jumped into the experiment, though.
GOG.com: Your coup de grâce.
I... don't think it's the proper term here. "Coup de grâce" is a "death blow", not a "chef d'oeuvre" (masterpiece) or "chant du signe" (swansong) or crowning moment of awesome or "coup d'éclat", etc...

It's really used when you kill something dead (very very dead), or, metaphorically, when you completely utterly destroy something to bits - it's very much against something, to finish obliterating it. Is it used differently in english ?
Post edited August 25, 2015 by Telika
1200th game on GOG, congrats! :)
This game has a free demo (at least on Steam it does). I played the demo about a week ago and I liked it enough that I bought it, pre-ordered it even, which is something I'm usually against. It's a RTwP tactical stealth game. The interface is really elegant. You can set as many waypoints as you like and queue up commands at each waypoint. You can even eliminate individual waypoints and the game will connect the remaining waypoints for you automatically. The game is all about planning and timing, but the ability to eliminate individual waypoints makes improvising when things go sideways very user firendly. The game states it has gamepad control, but I only played it with m&kb, so I can't vouch for how it plays using a gamepad. It works great with m&kb, I can vouch for that. I played this on Linux (Xubuntu 15.04), so I can't vouch for Mac or Windows, but it ran great on my machine.

I hope that helps.

Edit: No Linux version on GOG (yet?), only Steam has the Linux version right now.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by sirdilznik
I think the title of the game refers to the price of the game.
Wow, ripped off by 2,70€ for us europeans...
Smannesman: I think the title of the game refers to the price of the game.
Ahah, and that too! :P
Post edited August 25, 2015 by Zoidberg
GOG.com: Your coup de grâce.
Telika: I... don't think it's the proper term here. "Coup de grâce" is a "death blow", not a "chef d'oeuvre" (masterpiece) or "chant du signe" (swansong) or crowning moment of awesome or "coup d'éclat", etc...

It's really used when you kill something dead (very very dead), or, metaphorically, when you completely utterly destroy something to bits - it's very much against something, to finish obliterating it. Is it used differently in english ?
Boy, I'm so torn here.

I'm pretty confident that it can be used to describe any kind of "finishing touch" nowadays, without the negative connotation. It could be a question of misuse vs. semantic drift (and I tend to skew towards the latter), but I could also be dead wrong.

Either way, serves me right for trying to be fancy. Let's go for something more neutral. :p
Telika: (vote The Sting)
Holy cow, this is just one of my favorite games and it was all kinds of broken last time I tried playing my old copy. Vote the bejesus out of it, please.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by Konrad
Telika: I... don't think it's the proper term here. "Coup de grâce" is a "death blow", not a "chef d'oeuvre" (masterpiece) or "chant du signe" (swansong) or crowning moment of awesome or "coup d'éclat", etc...

Konrad: Boy, I'm so torn here.

I'm pretty confident that it can be used to describe any kind of "finishing touch" nowadays, without the negative connotation. It could be a question of misuse vs. semantic drift (and I tend to skew towards the latter), but I could also be dead wrong.

Either way, serves me right for trying to be fancy. Let's go for something more neutral. :p
Telika: (vote The Sting)
Konrad: Holy cow, this is just one of my favorite games and it was all kinds of broken last time I tried playing my old copy. Vote the bejesus out of it, please.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coup%20de%20gr%C3%A2ce?s=t

Dictionary lists "Death Blow" as the first definition and "finishing or decisive stroke" as the second. As a native speaker of English, Konrad's use seems perfectly correct. It certainly may have different primary uses depending upon your language or culture. I have no idea how the idiom is commonly used in its native France...
Post edited August 25, 2015 by yyahoo
Konrad: Holy cow, this is just one of my favorite games and it was all kinds of broken last time I tried playing my old copy. Vote the bejesus out of it, please.
It's published by Nordic on other sites. Surely, it wouldn't be so difficult to bring it here...
Added to the wishlist! Sparkling graphics, and certainly funky as claimed. It has a similar stylistic design to Gangland (but they are different games). Sure hope this will be fun, once I get around to owning this title!
Do you know how many copies of Freddi Fish 2 I could buy from GOG for the price of this game?

zero

*cries in corner*
.. and how many DLCs do we have to buy to get this game's complete version?
Recent expansion pack and DLC policies have made me pretty sceptical about buying new releases :-/
looks like my kind of game, though wishlisted for now
DeMignon: Recent expansion pack and DLC policies have made me pretty sceptical about buying new releases :-/
Indeed, it's better to wait until games have aged to classics. Then you know if a game is complete. Also regional pricing most likely has been dropped by then and even a Linux version may have been added.