It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face."

Crime Cities is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 15% launch discount until October 26, 12PM UTC.
Your city is tied up in a suffocating web of crime, treachery, and terror. The authorities, powerless to face it up front, put you undercover in hopes of gutting the beast from the inside. Working as a mercenary for the crime bosses, you must dogfight your way through the treacherous futuristic skyline to reach the top and unmask the mastermind behind all this.
takezodunmer2005: This game looks schweet! Here's some let's plays...In HD! Yes, that is 60 fps!
thraxman: You can play in HD but the top and bottom of the screen are badly cropped unfortunately.
You're right!

Fuck, people who cannot grasp the concept of aspect ratio infuriates me! Especially hate morons who encode a 240-360p video into 1080p...Still has the same shitty quality with 4x the bandwidth/file size!
Yes! I can finally replay this. I find the soundtrack amazing and once in a while it comes up in my head again and listen a song or two again. I find the atmosphere quite good.

I don't know how the game itself stood the test of time but I'll see.

Besides G-police and Crime Cities, wasn't there also a third game like them released around the same time? Did a demo of it but as far as I remembered it wasn't that good. Something Bounty Hunter-ish?
_ChaosFox_: Just a shame the chances of seeing G-Police here are next to zero - the game was developed and published by Psygnosis, so by definition the rights lie solely and wholly with Sony now. Still, one can perhaps hope for a PS4 remake bundled with Weapons of Justice.
Yeah, the remake would be great. I own psx versions of GP1 and Weapons of Justice - tried to run them on various psx emulators on PC and the one built-in into ps3 but the controls are just too sensitive :-(
tfishell: Does this game use nGlide or another emulator? Just curious.
Yes nGlide, and still looks great :-D

I finished it back in the day and had real fun. In terms of a story Crime Cities doesn't seem as polished as G-Police but it's not bad. It's a solid game - and for that price it's a bargain.

If someone is interested: The game runs on XP.
Post edited October 26, 2017 by tburger
_ChaosFox_: Just a shame the chances of seeing G-Police here are next to zero - the game was developed and published by Psygnosis, so by definition the rights lie solely and wholly with Sony now. Still, one can perhaps hope for a PS4 remake bundled with Weapons of Justice.
tburger: Yeah, the remake would be great. I own psx versions of GP1 and Weapons of Justice - tried to run them on various psx emulators on PC and the one built-in into ps3 but the controls are just too sensitive :-(
tfishell: Does this game use nGlide or another emulator? Just curious.
tburger: Yes nGlide, and still looks great :-D

I finished it back in the day and had real fun. In terms of a story Crime Cities doesn't seem as polished as G-Police but it's not bad. It's a solid game - and for that price it's a bargain.

If someone is interested: The game runs on XP.
Nice. I think I was the one who initially let the nGlide guy, Zeus, know about the possibility of nGlide supporting Crime Cities. What resulted was a big ol' discussion about drivers and MiniGL and stuff that was basically out of my mental league. :P

http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=744
It looks awesome, Future Cop LAPD next?
ShadowWulfe: It looks awesome, Future Cop LAPD next?
Maybe when we get more EA classics here, I suppose?
Still have my original CDs and a live install of this one, but it's going on the wishlist anyway. Glad it won't be forgotten, now. :)
Bump: on the game forum, mafkaas3000 shared that the soundtrack is only $1/€1 on the composer's Bandcamp. (It might be a limited-time sale.) It's 16 tracks though, basically a full album, so I'd encourage people to pay a little more than that.

https://pawelblaszczak.bandcamp.com/album/crime-cities-original-game-soundtrack
Post edited December 09, 2017 by tfishell