It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The art of multitasking!

<span class="bold">Cossacks 3</span>, a multifaceted RTS with massive battles and demanding tactical gameplay, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

To the foot soldier war is often nothing but a savage, cruel game of survival but a general cannot afford to think this way. No, he must approach war as the ultimate battle of wits, a stimulating challenge of educated extrapolation. As a commander of thousands upon thousands of soldiers, swarming the battlefields of the 17th and 18th century Europe, you must start by overseeing the construction of the necessary buildings and materials before getting into the nitty gritty of the massive battles. The placement of your units, the tactical maneuvers, the trickery of the landscape - you must take all these factors into account whether you do battle on land or at sea. With twelve possible nations at your command, 70 different unit types, and over 140 historical buildings, it might take you some time to refine your strategies, but when you finally master the art of war, no campaign or multiplayer challenge will seem insurmountable.

Build and control your well-oiled machine of 17th-century warfare in <span class="bold">Cossacks 3</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. Decorated war veterans will want to bolster their armies with the <span class="bold">Digital Deluxe Edition</span>, which provides access to 4 future DLC containing single-player campaigns, multiplayer battles, and the game's OST. If you're not ready to commit, you can always <span class="bold">upgrade</span> later.
The 10% launch discount will last until November 27, 10:59 PM UTC.

Note: You will find a redeemable multiplayer code in your Cossacks 3 gamepage. If you purchase the game until December 6, redeeming this code will also give you access to some Early Bird goodies, including an additional single-player mini-campaign, 2 unique units, and a special multiplayer badge.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/F2RdtB_0FFc
Post edited November 22, 2016 by maladr0Id
Nice release, only two months after Steam (not really being sarcastic here). I am putting this one on the wishlist because, honestly, I see little reason for me to get it soon as I have too many RTS games as is and am not that crazy about them. The original anthology is almost always installed on my computer.
This channel has been and still is running expert matches for now:

https://youtu.be/AEQtyYQBTUM

Some good watches on there.
This is just so fantastic. I had already given up any hopes of seeing this game here, given the developer’s apparent reluctance and silence about releasing this game anywhere else than Steam. Guess I was wrong! A friend of mine has been super enthusiastic about this game and was disappointed when I told him that Steam would be a no-go for me. He’s been coaxing me for a while now and I am happy to tell him, that we’ll be able to play this soon. Thanks, GOG! :-)

Hope to see the Mac and Linux versions here too.

Edit:
Can someone clear up this line here: ‘As a free DLC all the players will receive 8 additional playable nations with the unique music main themes.’ It is mentioned in the same context as the deluxe edition, but the first words imply something else. Does this mean that the deluxe edition will receive 8 more nations or is this DLC for everyone?
Post edited November 22, 2016 by Eitot
Eitot: Does this mean that the deluxe edition will receive 8 more nations or is this DLC for everyone?
Edit: That dlc is for everyone checking the data about it on Steam.
Post edited November 22, 2016 by Matruchus
Does anyone know if Cossacks 3 will run with Linux and Wine? I know a Linux version should be coming--but if it works with Wine I can always switch to the Linux version when it's available.
Nice, I wasn't expecting the game to appear here, so that's cool. Will get it eventually. A good surprise.
Themken: The original anthology is almost always installed on my computer.
Interesting. That makes at least two games we both always have installed on our computers :).
I played the first Cossacks a few years back and felt it was Age of Empires set in the 18th century with a higher unit-cap. That's OK; AoE (I and II) is a cool game, but it is RTS; straightforward, 1997 RTS. Like TA, SupCom; you name it.

Now, I keep reading about Cossacks 3: *Cossacks 3 is a rare combination of war, economy, army developing, building and upgrading that couldn’t be found in any game for the last 15 years.*

What have I been doing while playing RTS's the past 15 years? I thought it was an activity accurately described by this game's description, but it seems I was wrong.

So, I wonder. What is SO (Hey is this a DT?) rare about the combination of war, economy, army developing, building and upgrading that it couldn't be found in any game for the last 15 years? I clearly must have missed something.

Any ideas?
Dear Devs, where is Mac version? :-(
Great. Another game for my backlog, er, collection. Will pick this up at some point.
Themken: The original anthology is almost always installed on my computer.
WinterSnowfall: Interesting. That makes at least two games we both always have installed on our computers :).
:-) Mount and Blade the other one? ..... ....... ..... ...... .... .. .. .. . . . . .. . . ;-)
Post edited November 22, 2016 by Themken
Wasn't expecting this. May get it on GOG now (When the price is lower.) if mp with steam users is possible, which looks to be the case. Also, where is TinyE? I know he likes the Cossacks series and will be pleased by this.
micktiegs_8: So, what nation is the cover guy part of? It isn't showcased in screenshots or the description so I thought someone else might know.

Also, could this be described as a different kind of Age of Empires?
JudasIscariot: Cossacks were usually considered to be Ukrainian :)
Too independent minded to be considered anything other than Cossack. They just lived in that general region.
Digital Deluxe Edition is cheaper than regular edition? Why?
doady: Digital Deluxe Edition is cheaper than regular edition? Why?
It is not. Are you sure that you are not looking at the ‘Digital Deluxe Upgrade’ page?

https://www.gog.com/game/cossacks_3
https://www.gog.com/game/cossacks_3_digital_deluxe
https://www.gog.com/game/cossacks_3_digital_deluxe_upgrade