It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

War is coming.

<span class="bold">Celestian Tales: Old North</span>, a morally grey and indifferent jRPG, is available now for Windows and Mac OS X, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

Update: If you haven't picked it up yet, the launch discount will now last for one more week, until August 31, 2:59 PM GMT.

Regular people, normal problems, and war. War is coming. War that is ruthless, war that does not distinguish between good and evil, between soldiers or civilians. A war in which no one is right, nobody is destined to win - and no one deserves to lose. Celestian Tales: Old North is a story of men, women and a damned reality bestowed on them by jealousy and aspirations of capricious lords.
Celestian Tales: Old North sets out to deliver a beautiful, expansive jRPG experience free of glory and heroic tropes, chosen saviors and fate. The story follows six distinct characters whose future is linked by nothing more than war and circumstance, you'll accompany their individual struggles across decades as they change from children into grown men and women. The choices they make will impact the world around them, but in war there is no right answer.

War and <span class="bold">Celestian Tales: Old North</span> are here, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount is extended to last three weeks, until August 31, 2:59 PM GMT.
dtgreene: Anyone attempt to run the game with Intel HD 4000 graphics (which is below the listed minimum requirements)? In particular, does the game run at all, and is it playable? (Note that those are two separate questions.)
I dunno about intel hd but I'm using a a laptop with AMD integrated graphics and the game works fine. GOG sometimes list requirements higher than they should be.

Here are the requirements according to steam-

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.1 GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
Sound Card: DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio

(Note, I still way prefer GOG to steam overall. DRM free!
JLH: Fyi even though you're told mudtown is to the west...you actually exit town by east...then travel north and east.

This confused me as I was worried I was going somewhere I wasn't ready for yet.
Yes, well... the City of Levantine is actually portrayed with the north side down and the south side up. Mudtown is indeed in the west, but due to the cardinal directions commonly point up as north, we understand this might be confusing.

Will add a few dialogue lines to make this clearer in a later patch :)
dtgreene: Anyone attempt to run the game with Intel HD 4000 graphics (which is below the listed minimum requirements)? In particular, does the game run at all, and is it playable? (Note that those are two separate questions.)
According to this comparison chart, the HD 4000 is on par with the better 8600s, so high-midrange 8-series, and 8-series is the requirement, making it far from far below.
Just so everyone knows, this game is supposed to be a trilogy, with each game skipping ahead 10 years after the previous one. It's also meant to be replayed with each of the 6 different protagonists, and all of this is why the game itself isn't that long on a single playthrough, as well as why it might seem to have an open ending. Just figured I should point all that out.
Best $4 I've spent in a while!

I love the skill system, the weapon improvement and the story is pretty good too(so far)!
9 hours in one (working) day. That's how great this game is!

I can have only one negative comment about it: the quest log. If you missed what the characters were talking about, you'll be lost for a while. Some bold text for keywords would be great!
dyural: Best $4 I've spent in a while!

I love the skill system, the weapon improvement and the story is pretty good too(so far)!
9 hours in one (working) day. That's how great this game is!

I can have only one negative comment about it: the quest log. If you missed what the characters were talking about, you'll be lost for a while. Some bold text for keywords would be great!
$4?, looks like it's selling for $9.79?
low rated
bssybeep: $4?, looks like it's selling for $9.79?
Ukraine is one of the discounted territories.
GOG has specifically asked us to reduce prices for CIS countries. You should thank GOG for that :)
I like this game, but it seems like this game truly would've benefited more if it was a full game at a full reasonable price. I see they wanted to go in with the telltales approach, and do timely releases instead, but with a rpg it doesn't work for me. You just feel like there should be more here. I wish this game had a class system that integrated into the story like if Aria had the choice to pick between Healer or Paladin at the start of the game, and once you made your choice you can't change it unless you start over again similar to FFXII: IZJ. So if you pick the wrong setup jobs for your party your screw. And your character story would be based off there job + add more replayability. The difficulty doesn't bother me, because most people who keep saying the game is easy either haven't play a jrpg in a while or never at all to complain about the difficulty being to easy. Not every game has to be a souls game or be massively difficult to be good.

Great game nonetheless.
marcusmaximus: I dunno about intel hd but I'm using a a laptop with AMD integrated graphics and the game works fine. GOG sometimes list requirements higher than they should be.

Here are the requirements according to steam-

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3 2.1 GHz or AMD equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
Sound Card: DirectX9.0c Compatible Audio

(Note, I still way prefer GOG to steam overall. DRM free!
the devs probably never tested it on old machines either.it happens with indie titles. i'm surprised so mediocre and generic got kickstarted at all. cute artwork anyhoo. would rule 34 it.
cadiguno: Not sure if anyone's been asking, but we're planning to integrate the game to GOG Galaxy for achievements.

We've been planning for this for a while, actually, but last week the GOG team was quite busy with summer holidays and Gamescom, and so our schedule was a bit too tight to prepare for this. We will be integrating the game's components for Galaxy as soon as we have some of our hands free to do that (currently patching in some bugs the Steam guys found) =)
Is there a possibility for gog to recheck games for unlocked achievements? I finish the game once but no achievements have been unlocked in gog.

Thanks
bssybeep: $4?, looks like it's selling for $9.79?
Still 2x less than on steam and they also have special CIS prices.

So, anyway, I've finished it a few minutes ago and here are my final thoughts:
Pros:
-aesthtics are very beautiful if you like this sort of games
-skill system is very fun to fiddle with (although the level caps at 30, so the last 3 hours I wasn't even killing stuff)
-story could use a bit more interactive features but as it is, it's pretty interesting, leaving a lot of open questions in the end.

Cons:
-repetitive fights
-same enemies in the same locations (would be cool to find a rare beast once in a while)
-unnecessary grinding for certain type of loot (artificially extending the gameplay)
-unclear weapon system (at least initially)
-unskippable cut scenes (artificially extending the gameplay)
-only 30 levels
-3 weapons (I think) per character sprinkled all over the playable world
-back*freaking*tracking all over the city/forest (artificially extending the gameplay. again)
-confusing quest book and someof the achievements(like badges or medals, or whatever it was).
-no real challenge after you've unlocked all skills and you're using the right team (elf+rogue are OP as hell)

I'll give it a 7/10, just because I know there's room for improvement in the upcoming episodes.
^By 'interactive features', do you mean choices that make a noticeable impact on the story? Because I'd be down for that.
cadiguno: Heya,

We have the Linux version on our side right now. It will be added very soon to GOG. We had to finish up some last-minute things on the build, but GOG required us to upload the build to them sooner than Steam did.

Also, due to their patching system, we can't instantly patch like we can using Steam's developer interface. That's why we haven't pushed any new builds since we uploaded the DRM-Free ones to them.

So, yeah. Linux will be here just in a few days. Sorry for this! :)
I saw the Linux version has been added. That was faster than expected! Thanks again for supporting Linux!
I've been playing this beautifully cute little game for quite a while and really having quite a blast! Although the short length of the game and the lack of mouse support integration is a bit saddening. I still like the game for what it is. Thank you so much dear developers for making the game available through GOG.com as this the only place I go to in purchasing digital PC games online as they offer only the finest game in existence and provides great customer service! GOG.com is simply awesome....

Hope you'll include mouse support in the following sequels and add more content to the game in making it much more a immersive experience in playing it. If it isn't too much to ask, would it be possible to make the alternate costumes are seems to be backer's exclusive available in GOG.com as a DLC add on or extra content?