It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help the young girl, separated from her granny during a storm, find the way home. Carto is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until 3rd November 2020, 5 PM UTC. This charming adventure game is wrapped around a unique, world-altering puzzle mechanic. Use Carto’s unique cartographic powers to explore mysterious lands and return to her family.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Demo on steam, nothing here.

"Experience a beautiful soundtrack with over 40 original tracks to accompany you on your adventure"
Ok, where is it? It's not included or available here (or anywhere?).
high rated
Swissy88: "Experience a beautiful soundtrack with over 40 original tracks to accompany you on your adventure"
Ok, where is it? It's not included or available here (or anywhere?).
It's in the game. You listen to the game music while playing. Like other games.
they're doing the usd=eur thing and a game that costs 20 bucks doesn't even have rebindable controls. joke.
Interesting mechanincs and relaxing graphics, it might be nice. How long might it be?
Post edited October 27, 2020 by Dogmaus
This game looks freaking cute! Also the premise seems really unique for a game of its type. The only games I know that seem similar (but not really) are Legends of Mana and A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2.
0:32 in the Trailer - shopkeeper seemed to had a shop in Gravity Falls before.
eric5h5: It's in the game. You listen to the game music while playing. Like other games.
Hopefully the music will just be in a common format in a game directory like a few games do but unfortnately not many. Although if the trailer music is anything to go by I'm not imagining a desire to listen to it again.
Dray2k: This game looks freaking cute!
Yeah, I might get it at some point for that reason but it seems rather expensive for a studio I haven't heard of before, particularly published by Humble since they publish so many games that should not be sold commercially. Considering the price it would really help for GOG to have the demo here (of course, ideally they would always have a demo no matter the price).
Dray2k: The only games I know that seem similar (but not really) are Legends of Mana and A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2.
I like that you mention A Valley Without Wind since they are two of my favorite games, but how you consider them similar? I don't see any connection at all.

The mechanic sounds a bit like Gorogoa or The Pedestrian. But I didn't play the demo at all so maybe it isn't that similar?
Post edited October 28, 2020 by joveian
Thanks for the release! :D

Another +1 to the lack of demo here being a bummer. Especially since the demo is available on Steam, while GOG is capable of hosting demos... sigh.

Looks adorable though! And I like the premise and art style. Will pick it up later - Halloween sale sucked my wallet dry.
Can't...resist...the...cuteness!!!
Can perfectly resist that price for a 5hour game though...wishlisted. :)
I had a good time with this. It's a light, story-centric puzzle game. It takes a few hours -- maybe 4? to complete, depending on your reading speed and puzzle solving speed. I still have a bit more to do (some secrets I know exist, based on others) in another play through.
cuteee!!!
Since I just finished the game 100% and I liked it a lot, here's a little review:

Charming adventure game revolving around a unique, map switching puzzle mechanic. Cute Carto loves exploring mysterious lands and helping quirky characters she meets while she's trying to reunite with her granny.

Story is written superbly with rich vocabulary, enough depth and it never gets tedious. Puzzles have just enough challenge in them to keep your mind occupied yet they never force you to leave the cozy bubble in which this game places you.

The art style and relaxing music add up to create a wholesome package. Team behind this title may be small, but they really did a very good job.

If you have kids, let's say 5-10 years old, this would be a perfect game for you to play together. Or even better, let your kids go on an adventure of their own, especially if they don't need help with the foreign language (in case your native language is not supported, of course).

For those little brave cartographers among you who were worried about controls, worry no more! You can play this game via controller or keyboard and key remapping works for both cases.