It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes, all the world needs is a firestarter.

<span class="bold">Candle</span>, a heartwarming puzzle-adventure about an unassuming hero who must start some fires to save his world from burning, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Not all heroes need to be iron-clad machines of death in order to make a difference. Candle tells the hand-painted story of Teku, a young tribesman who must save the village shaman from the evil Wakcha people. In this mystical land with the strong South-American flair, having a left hand shaped like a candle is all Teku needs to light his path and illuminate the dangers lurking there.
The world is getting consumed by evil and these beautiful watercolored environments are now filled with traps, puzzles, and whimsical encounters that will challenge Teku's resourcefulness and observational skills every step of the way. Will his unique firestarting ability prove enough or will darkness swallow him whole?

Travel to a wonderful but troubled land and bring a spark of hope with your handy <span class="bold">Candle</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.

The 10% launch discount is no longer available. It was due to a misunderstanding on our part and had to be removed - apologies to anyone affected.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/idXvnaAeS6c
Post edited November 15, 2016 by maladr0Id
good: price is very nice: 14.99

less:
graphics look to simple and too colorfull

bad:
cant run it...........
recommend system is way to high:

Processor: 3.6 GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6670, GeForce GTX 260 or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 12 GB available space

12 GB? must be lots of sounds. music and artwork i guess :D

Will wait for more wadjet eye games :D
good value for money , good system requierements, good game
Great looking game and it looks like fun as well. The graphics requirements are quite steep, though. Does anyone know how the game runs on Linux Mint 17.3/Ubuntu 14.04 with Intel HD 530 (Skylake)?
Holy cow, those system requirements are madness!

Is that just a consequence of using Unity for a 2D game? I found out that Dex (another recent 2D game) was using Unity, and that performs terribly.

I guess I won't be getting this after all :/ Or at least not at this point in time.

So much beautiful art work... a shame if it's held back by an unfortunate technology choice (or implementation).

OTOH, who knows whether this would be cross-platform otherwise, so I guess there are pros and cons. And high system requirements tend to only be high until the next time you upgrade, so it's not a total deal-breaker... it's just a bit unexpected.

Maybe this is just the price of all those individually hand-painted frames of animation and scenery, but that still seems like crazy disk and memory consumption to me. Perhaps it'll all make sense when I eventually see it...
Post edited November 16, 2016 by Shadowcat
kneekoo: Does anyone know how the game runs ... with Intel HD 530 (Skylake)?
Judging by http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html it seems like that's a decent GPU for the game. A step below the category with the "recommended" GTX 260, but well above the minimum GT 220 category.
kneekoo: Does anyone know how the game runs ... with Intel HD 530 (Skylake)?
Shadowcat: Judging by http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html it seems like that's a decent GPU for the game. A step below the category with the "recommended" GTX 260, but well above the minimum GT 220 category.
Thanks for your research. I know it's a decent GPU but it boils down to the driver's capabilities and the game's requirements for specific OpenGL functionality. In this case, the requirements state "Shader Model 3.0 must be supported" - which is a DirectX thing, so I'm not sure how that translates to Intel's OpenGL driver.

This is what I have at the moment:
Graphics: Card: Intel HD Graphics 530 bus-ID: 00:02.0 chip-ID: 8086:1912
Display Server: X.Org 1.17.1 driver: intel Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Skylake DT GT2 GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.5.9 Direct Rendering: Yes

Depending on what Mint 18.1 will offer under the hood this December, I'll have to see what I can get out of my GPU. I can't have high hopes considering kernel 4.9 (LTS) might be too young for decent testing and integration in Mint 18.1, but I might as well try another distro. It's been a painful year with many driver issues on my Skylake-based PC.
V4V: Steam also got a Mac version.

That said, a Linux version would be nice. Holding my money back until then.
gixgox: Just in case you didn't notice it - you can spend your money now:
Thanks. :)