It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Set off on a distant journey with an otherworldly tale of mystery and love set in the 1930s South Pacific. Call of the Sea is now available on GOG.COM! It is 1934, Norah has crossed the ocean following the trail of her missing husband’s expedition and finds herself on a lush island paradise. What strange secrets does it hold?

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
The folks over at RPS seemed to be looking forward to this one, so I'll add it to the wishlist.
Is this a walking sim or "genuine" adventure game? I don't have prejudice towards any of these genres, just want to know.
Looks interesting but wondering if it's like a Myst or The Witness type puzzle game. If it is then I don't know if I want to get it.
Achievements aren't showing up in Galaxy at the moment
This looks really good. I'm getting some Bioshock vibes and there maybe is some Jules Vern in there too. I could be way off though.

It seems that it's puzzle based. Does it play like a first person adventure game?

Wishlisted for now.
Intriguing.

Is this one playable on an azerty keyboard?
I have the same complaint about this now as I did when GOG first announced it's coming: I have no idea what kind of game it is.

The vague images & descriptions on the store page makes it look like it might possibly be a horror game with monstrous creatures in it (which is the type of game that I'd potentially find interesting).

But they don't go far enough to make certain that such content is in the game. So instead of a monstrous horror game, it could just be a generic, boring, humans-only, normal, mundane type of story (which I'd find uninteresting).

In any case, they should have organized their marketing better in order to make clear what exactly they are selling. Leaving ambiguity about that point just causes potential customers to walk away before they buy the game.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I have the same complaint about this now as I did when GOG first announced it's coming: I have no idea what kind of game it is.

The vague images & descriptions on the store page makes it look like it might possibly be a horror game with monstrous creatures in it (which is the type of game that I'd potentially find interesting).

But they don't go far enough to make certain that such content is in the game. So instead of a monstrous horror game, it could just be a generic, boring, humans-only, normal, mundane type of story (which I'd find uninteresting).

In any case, they should have organized their marketing better in order to make clear what exactly they are selling. Leaving ambiguity about that point just causes potential customers to walk away before they buy the game.
I'm sorry but this definitely looks like a narrative first person puzzler. There are mysteries but it's probably not an survival horror game.

Let's just them do their marketing however they see fit and check reviews if we want more info.
So has anyone gotten this? Are controls customizable?
not mything
I finished it yesterday using Game Pass on Xbox. It's an adventure game, you solve one or two puzzles that define each of six chapters. The story is gathered by finding journals and exploration. The story has an occult angle to it, but it's not a horror game. The puzzles make you explore well to find clues, if you find them, then then the puzzles are not "tear your hair out" frustrating, but make you think for a bit to make connections. It's nothing on the level of Myst for example. There are no in game enemies or combat of any type, it's purely story based puzzle adventure. Has little replay value as both endings can be seen from your final save.

Production quality is very high for a small studio game. It ran perfectly on Xbox Series X, but apparently some PC users have some performance issues and some don't like the mouse controls and some say it gives them motion sickness. None of that occurred for me, but I used a controller. Music is good, voice likewise.

It's about 5-6 hours long depending on how thorough you are about finding all the journal and clue entries. I actually really enjoyed it. Whether the price is worth it for the game length depends on the buyer.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by CMOT70
Saw that controls are reassignable in a stream, bought it and enjoyed the first two chapters. :)