It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The sound of defiance.

The Lion's Song is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it 30% off until January 15, 2PM UTC.
Austria, early 20th century. Wilma, a young composer of incredible talent, must fight society's prejudice and her own demons while struggling to complete her magnum opus. Told through minimalistic, sepia-kissed pixel art and wonderful music, this evocative adventure spans four episodes (all included), each featuring several player-made choices that will dictate the remaining story and its final outcome.
tinyE: Billy Dee Williams was great in this movie.
Breja: Ok, I googled it and I can't find anything. Help me, Tiny-E-Kenobi!
"Brian's Song"
Breja: Ok, I googled it and I can't find anything. Help me, Tiny-E-Kenobi!
tinyE: "Brian's Song"
Huh. I'm not much for sport's movies, but James Caan and Billy Dee Williams? I wonder if I can find this on DVD.
Oooh! This looks like a very interesting game! And the art-style is beautiful :) Added it to my wishlist and will buy it later :) I kind of overspent at the winter sale so I need to get some more money first XD
Breja: [Edited for the relevant conversation. You shouln't try and put words from others just to add to your argument]
Yeah, it must be something wrong with me that I consider being told that I'm "polluting" the thread insulting. You guys are being so nice and respectful, and here I am, saying the worst of things like... like that you can express your opinion and I can express mine and we should just both respect that.

I'm a monster.
You poor little thing. All the world is conspiring against you, when you only wanted to set those developers straight so they finally learn a little bit about art. It was just mean and so insulting telling you your polluting these release threads by repeating the same complains again and again.
Like, you know: "I was just thinking that I need something pixelated and entirely devoid of colour to make my eyes bleed." is so polite and measured.

Breja: Actually no, I wasn't doing it with that intent. My only intent was to express my opinion, because I felt like expressing my opinion. However, your reasoning about how it would wrong for me to act with that intent, but right for you, is so ridiculously wrong I just couldn't not take the opportunity to explain how wrong it is.
Well, I wouln't undertand your commitment to the cause otherwise. And your telling that "any game released you don't like is a game released you might like less" is also spot on.

Breja: The result is the same. Whether we provide feedback on what we want or don't want doesn't matter, and both are equaly as valid. Of course, claiming that your opinions and mine are equaly as valuable is probably somehow a terrible thing and makes me even more of an asshole :P
The result? I thought you didn't have any intent on your innocent complains.
And not, is not the same. Insulting someone and praising someone are not the same things, even though at the end you're elevating someone over the other.

Breja: I don't give a crap about being insulted, I'm just trying to make you see that you are being a hypocrite, and while you're trying to villify me and insult me, I try to remain civil and respectful.
You just say the nicest things to me. I would even blush if only I hadn't read you enough to know you spread you love all over the place.

Breja: I post it again and again, because the sheer number of these games is in fact the very point of my complaint.
No, the point of your complaint is how pixel art hurts your eyes and people should do "real" art you like.

But this is a circular discussion (aren't they all?) that won't go anywhere.

You will keep going posting your, in fact, insulting complains in release threads so everyone reads how you hate pixel art in varied and increasingly hurtful manners. And as I do find bad manners and rude, I will call you on it from time to time. Obviously, you will take offense and we'll do this again in the future.

Good times.

PS: I don't mind people not liking whatever. You or anyone could do a thread complaining about pixel art. The thing is, it would get ignored a lot more, and you wouldn't get your point across as well as using release threads. I get it. We must all know you hate pixel art.
Post edited January 09, 2018 by rgnrk
low rated
rgnrk: You will keep going posting your, in fact, insulting complains in release threads so everyone reads how you hate pixel art in varied and increasingly hurtful manners. And as I do find bad manners and rude, I will call you on it from time to time. Obviously, you will take offense and we'll do this again in the future.
Ok then, it's a date!
good game
just bought it... 7.09 is a good price and we get 1.10 euro in the wallet so the game is now only 6 euro and 1 cent
I still can't get over those repulsive-looking noses. Like, how can anyone look at the artwork in this game and think "Yes, that's what a person looks like when they don't have the most dreadful cold in the whole world".
Where is the forum for this game??

Searching at https://www.gog.com/forum for "lion" or "song" shows nothing appropriate. If it's under some other name, I haven't the foggiest idea what to look for.

GOG: *Please* can you add a link from each game's store page to its forum?
Post edited January 13, 2018 by Shadowcat
Answering my own question, because I purchased the game and now have access to the "Forum" link from my games shelf. The link is:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general

Which is, of course, ridiculous. GOG, please fix this!
Any idea if this game is up to date compared to steam? Will the version on GOG get patches like the steam version does or will it lag behind like many other releases on GOG?
deleted