It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enter this classical science fiction point and click adventure to struggle for the survival of the space explorer Tessa Carter – Monolith is now available on GOG!

As Tessa, you are accompanied by an unusual friend, and about to learn more about yourself than this foreign environment, you desperately try to escape.

Embark on a thrilling and emotional journey which leads you through a dense, murky and suspenseful atmosphere. Control the game by mouse, examine your surroundings to gather information and to understand their connections. Use your ingenuity, combine items and control machines in order to solve and overcome Tessa's struggle for survival.

Monolith – now on GOG!
MarkoH01: Which means that the only game missing here would be "Preston Sterling".
Since the devs were so communicative I decided to ask them about this one as well and they replied that GOG rejected it.
As so often in similar cases, I can see why GOG probably refuses to host the game:

- it is (as of September, 3rd) a free game (but hosting it and offering support for it would cost GOG money, of course)
- it has mediocre reviews
- it is only the first chapter (with a playtime of approx.: 1 hour) of a series (?)

And of course: now people will "explain" to me, how GOG hosts other free games with mediocre reviews and offers support for those...bring it on - let's get it over with.

Edit: added the third point (see also: post 18)

Edit 2:
To top it all off: it also seems to be a conversion of a mobile game (or at the very least: mobile had priority):
Released for Android: March 25, 2016
Release for iPhone and iPad: April 4, 2016
Release for Windows: August 19, 2016

Not saying conversions of mobile game can't be good, but combined with all the rest...
Attachments:
Post edited October 22, 2023 by BreOl72
MarkoH01: Which means that the only game missing here would be "Preston Sterling".
Since the devs were so communicative I decided to ask them about this one as well and they replied that GOG rejected it.
BreOl72: As so often in similar cases, I can see why GOG probably refuses to host the game:

- it is (as of September, 3rd) a free game (but hosting it and offering support for it would cost GOG money, of course)
- it has mediocre reviews

And of course: now people will "explain" to me, how GOG hosts other free games with mediocre reviews and offers support for those...bring it on - let's get it over with.
Well, the main reason for my post was "Monolith" and "animation arts" not the release of "Preston Sterling".
But regarding "Preston Sterling": Honestly I did not even know that the game has turned into a freebie recently (just noticed this after my post) and when they applied it to GOG it probably wasn't a freebie. I don't care about reviews in general and I just played the free version on Steam and enjoyed it ... even though the game unfortunately ends with a "to be continued". However I still would not mind having it here on GOG as a freebie as well and I was just about to ask the devs since - like I said - they are very nice and communicative :)
MarkoH01: I don't care about reviews in general and I just played the free version on Steam and enjoyed it ... even though the game unfortunately ends with a "to be continued".
Oh, good point: - I forgot to ask that in my last post:
Is the game as a whole even done yet?

"Done" as in: "is the series, in which "Preston Sterling and the Legend of Excalibur" was supposed to be only the first chapter (with a playtime of approx.: 1 hour), completed now?"

Because if not - let's add that to the reasons as to why GOG probably refused to host it.
Attachments:
BreOl72: Because if not - let's add that to the reasons as to why GOG probably refused to host it.
Why on earth are you still answering questions nobody ever asked?
BreOl72: Not saying conversions of mobile game can't be good, but combined with all the rest...
Who forced you again to play the game if it would come here? Just asking since it seems to actually hurt you if GOG should ever decide to add the game.
Post edited October 22, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Why on earth are you still answering questions nobody ever asked?
Who forced you again to play the game if it would come here?
Just asking since it seems to actually hurt you if GOG should ever decide to add the game.
I couldn't care less about this fraction of a game coming here, or not.
But since this is a public forum, I like to add my two cents to stuff.
Feel free to ignore me, if you don't like dissenting opinions.