It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enter a dark, immersive turn-based strategy RPG where you master tactical combat and the art of 17th-century alchemy to liberate a doomed city from a bloodthirsty cult. Black Legend is now available on GOG.COM along with a 10% discount that will end on 31st March 2021, 3 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Does look and sound interesting, but maybe a bit dark for my tastes.
The game looks cool with an interesting art style. Maybe if my backlog wasn't enormous it could get a chance. Sadly it IS enormous so there you go.

If anyone wants a good review of the game then here is one on YT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3WS29_54_4
Looks like something I might enjoy. Any word on the possibility of a Linux release?
I will def be picking this up!
Looks really good. Right up my alley.
I'll keep an eye on it to see if it delivers what it promises. Wishlisted.
It would have been perfect if Gloomwood and this game were released at the same time! This one looks good too!
Looks very cool. I always feel like 17th-18th centuries are terribly underused in games. Everything is either medieval (or medieval-ish fantasy) sci-fi future, or modern day.
Breja: Looks very cool. I always feel like 17th-18th centuries are terribly underused in games. Everything is either medieval (or medieval-ish fantasy) sci-fi future, or modern day.
I agree with you.
Developers and publishers have become infatuated with that combination as a theme for their games. In some cases, the combination of the Middle Ages (and later centuries, including the early 20th century) and technology is good and enjoyable as a gaming experience. In other cases, it is nothing more than a filler that adds nothing to the plot, gameplay or anything else within the game.
allope: It would have been perfect if Gloomwood and this game were released at the same time! This one looks good too!
Yes... Gloomwood!
Have to say between this and Mad Max, GOG has proven me wrong in that I didn't think any big releases on this level were coming any time soon. Very pleasantly surprised, and let's get more games like this here. Darkness is a major plus in my book too, though regardless I'm not sure this game quite rises to the level of a must-have for me. In the past, this is the type of game I would have bought blindly in order to support GOG and such games being here, but since GOG has shifted more in the direction of DRM in my view, I can't bring myself to do that at the moment. I will have to look more into it though and also hope that GOG reverses course, so to speak.
I was excited about this title, but reviews have been middling... with many citing and unengaging story, monotonous combat, and a number of bugs. I write off "monotonous combat" to those who don't really like strategic, turn-based combat...

... but am interested to hear from someone who has played it (not a reviewer) regarding the other issues.

I'll definitely purchase the game -- it's what I'm into ATM -- but when is the question.

A long gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqKF2G2TzqI

Turn-Based Lovers written review: https://turnbasedlovers.com/review/black-legend/
Post edited March 25, 2021 by kai2
Obligatory Habsburg family joke goes here. :p

Seriously though, it reminds me a lot of Expeditions and Wasteland--both of which I liked--so I'll stick it in the wishlist for later. Too many unplayed games to be just adding more to the backlog right now, though.
Interesting setting for a turn based tactical RPG (yes, not strategy, but close enough :P).
game sounds and looks interesting, but the 'reviewer' comment puts me off as they just come across (abnd they summed themselves up perfectly in their review) as "a vicious and toxic idiot who has no respect for other gamers. Anyone who's going to press the "No" helpful button on my review I wish him to get covid. He deserves it.".

No, I was wrong.. they just come across as an arrogant prick.