It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A cozy, hexagonal-grid based soft-strategy game – Growth is now available on GOG with a -10% discount that lasts until October 23rd, 3 PM UTC.

Explore and populate a procedurally generated world by utilizing the unique abilities of animals. Growth blends the beauty of cozy exploration with challenging navigation around obstacles such as mountains and rivers to populate fertile soil, transforming barren landscapes into lush forests, meadows, and more. Experience an unforgettable mix of discovery and strategy. Start growing your own idyllic landscape!
Check Growth out, and if cozy games are right up your alley, then our ongoing Cozy Autumn Sale is waiting for you!
Looks nice, but not too sure I can get my head around the mechanics at the moment. I'll be doing a bit of research before adding it to the wish list...
So them hexagonal build/expand-puzzlers sure have become a thing as of late...

I tried the game's demo on Steam a while back - pretty much the only thing I use that account for nowadays. Quite enjoyed it.
Ahhmm, I may be looking at the calendar wrong, but according to mine it's not yet October 23rd. But when I click on the game I'm just seeing a $9.99 price tag with no mention or evidence of any 10 percent off.
It looks like another Dorfromantik inspired hexagon scenery building sims... and saying that, I don't have nearly enough games like that in my life, so in the shopping cart it goes...

But it's not on sale, so it's going to sit there for a bit as there's no sale urgency to buy now.
Catventurer: But it's not on sale, so it's going to sit there for a bit as there's no sale urgency to buy now.
But this very thread says it's on sale until October 23???
Post edited October 17, 2023 by OldFatGuy
So that other, you know, web store is showing it on sale.

What the hell gog?
Attachments:
capture.jpg (175 Kb)
Catventurer: But it's not on sale, so it's going to sit there for a bit as there's no sale urgency to buy now.
OldFatGuy: But this very thread says it's on sale until October 23???
It's not October 23rd here, so I'm not going to worry about it. I figure that if it should be on sale, that will probably get corrected before then. Growth can just collect dust in my shopping cart for now because while I want it, I feel no urgency to finalize the purchase.
Yay, gog fixed the price, after 1 day. I guess that's one way to turn a 7 day sale into a 6 day sale.

Mmm, I should have tried the demo.. I'm not really getting this at all. My bad for not trying the demo first. Not going to ask for refund though because it does work, and appears to work correctly, at least as far as I got (which was just the tutorial). I might at some point watch some youtubes to see if it helps me understand it better. When I first saw it yesterday, it looked very intriguing to me, not like any game I've played before. I saw someone above mention hexagonal build and explore types had become a thing, but I had never tried any and the release yesterday had me very intrigued. I guess it's not for dummies like me though, I couldn't really grasp it at all, even with the tutorial.
Post edited October 17, 2023 by OldFatGuy
The game's OK. Not bad. But after the 3rd play (which should unlock nearly all the goals except the really "grindy" ones), it becomes highly repetitive. I'm not sure it's good for too many more plays than that. But it is fun for those first few plays. Good for a few sessions of relaxation, I'd say it was so probably worth the price.