It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Visit independent city states, fight in the arena, face desert raiders and southern beasts in battle. Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts DLC is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM. This expansion enriches the base game with new lands of burning deserts and lush oases to the south. It also introduces fresh features, such as fighting on the arena or hiring a retinue.

To celebrate this DLC’s release, we give you a set of discounts on other Battle Brothers titles. Until 20th August, 9:59 PM UTC, the base game is available 67% off, while 2 DLCs - Beasts & Exploration and Warriors of the North receive 10% discounts.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Off into the forums...
GOG.com: To celebrate this DLC’s release, we give you a set of discounts on other Battle Brothers titles. Until 20th August, 9:59 PM UTC, the base game is available 67% off, while 2 DLCs - Beasts & Exploration and Warriors of the North receive 10% discounts.
The countdown clock is wrong.
Nice that Blazing Deserts is here, love all the new stuff that's added!
Wishing good sales to the awesome people at Overhype Studios.

Not gonna pick the DLC right now but you can count on my money once I decide to return to this great game (bought Warriors of the North on the day of release, still didn't try it out xD)!
like steamie (an' previous gogie releases) will you be addin' teh supporter edition? otherwise discrepancies!
While doing my usual comprehensive "look" into purchasing this, I noticed a new 1.1 GB patch. From 1.3.0.25 to 1.4.0. 32

Would this be the actual "content" for the new DLC, which if the patch was installed is simply sitting there waiting for a "purchase confirmation" to unlock it?

Not a complaint, just curious. There was a similar thing with Age of Wonders Planetfall DLC and I'd like to understand (vaguely) how these things work.

I currently have just the base game, updated to 1.3.0.25, with no DLC's yet. If I install the latest 1.4 patch and then purchase all the DLC's am I just "unlocking" them when I install them, because the content is already there, from patches, waiting?

Hope this makes sense.
Yeaha! Just bought the new DLC.
:-( But have no time to play for a couple of days...
Fairfox: like steamie (an' previous gogie releases) will you be addin' teh supporter edition? otherwise discrepancies!
New Supporter Edition with a extra banner should be available in the store.
Already bought it an hour ago...
bonzer: While doing my usual comprehensive "look" into purchasing this, I noticed a new 1.1 GB patch. From 1.3.0.25 to 1.4.0. 32

Would this be the actual "content" for the new DLC, which if the patch was installed is simply sitting there waiting for a "purchase confirmation" to unlock it?

Not a complaint, just curious. There was a similar thing with Age of Wonders Planetfall DLC and I'd like to understand (vaguely) how these things work.

I currently have just the base game, updated to 1.3.0.25, with no DLC's yet. If I install the latest 1.4 patch and then purchase all the DLC's am I just "unlocking" them when I install them, because the content is already there, from patches, waiting?

Hope this makes sense.
No, there is a lot of free stuff added and changed in the base game. (To update to some new features)
mkiba: Yeaha! Just bought the new DLC.
:-( But have no time to play for a couple of days...
Fairfox: like steamie (an' previous gogie releases) will you be addin' teh supporter edition? otherwise discrepancies!
mkiba: New Supporter Edition with a extra banner should be available in the store.
Already bought it an hour ago...
bonzer: While doing my usual comprehensive "look" into purchasing this, I noticed a new 1.1 GB patch. From 1.3.0.25 to 1.4.0. 32

Hope this makes sense.
mkiba: No, there is a lot of free stuff added and changed in the base game. (To update to some new features)
Hey, whaddya know? Just checked the "What did just update" post and there it is! Lots of new stuff, and if I get the DLC's even more new stuff. Hmm, shall I?
Thanks Mkiba
Me Brothers!
We can finally get lost in the Desert, off we go!
---
And so started the voyage of the band of one-footed, one-armed and one-eyed, as enthusiasticaly as usual, a few smirks here and there.
"Desert, my only lover" was vaguely heard in the distance -- the band was long gone.
Nice. Everything that helps Battle Brothers keep going will be welcome.
I wish the game was a bit faster-paced, so I could justify to keep restarting it whenever a new DLC is released.
Great! I instantly bought both pervious DLCs, now I have to wishlist, but will buy for sure in the future, when I can.
Hey guys!

Excited for the update, but installing Blazing Sands has suddenly caused my 'Warriors of the North' to become invalid. It is not even listed in the Galaxy download screen.

Using the offline files I get the alert: "This version of the game is not supported. Please update to the latest patch."

I have deleted all mods and saves (*sniff!*) but nothing seems to be allowing the old DLC back in. Thoughts on how to fix this? Anyone else having this issue?
SolipsistBrigade: Hey guys!

Excited for the update, but installing Blazing Sands has suddenly caused my 'Warriors of the North' to become invalid. It is not even listed in the Galaxy download screen.

Using the offline files I get the alert: "This version of the game is not supported. Please update to the latest patch."

I have deleted all mods and saves (*sniff!*) but nothing seems to be allowing the old DLC back in. Thoughts on how to fix this? Anyone else having this issue?
Whenever I had issues of this kind (just 1 or 2 times actually) a clean re-install using the backup offline installers usually did the trick.
If reports are to be believed re-installing in order of release (meaning base game -> beasts & exploration -> warriors of the north -> blazing deserts) is strongly recommended too.
Post edited August 15, 2020 by Swedrami
If you're still on the fence about Blazing Deserts or Battle Brothers in general and looking for a reputable industry professional's take on it:
Josh Sawyer (ex-Black Isle and current studio design director at Obsidian)'s first 2 and a half hours with the new expansion
Post edited August 15, 2020 by Swedrami