It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Outgrowing the simple life.

<span class="bold">Balrum</span>, a tactical, open-world RPG about braving the epic or everyday challenges awaiting in and around your farm, is available now for Windows, Mac and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 40% launch discount.

Darkwood is your adopted home, ever since your family had to settle there 20 years ago. Life has not always been easy but lately a disturbing sense of peril permeates the atmosphere and you intend to find out what evil lurks in waiting.
Your epic travels in this dangerous world of turn-based combat and real-time exploration will be interrupted by calmer moments of maintaining your growing homestead, crafting custom items, and taming a loyal companion to journey with you. Soon you'll become a powerful adventurer that can clear entire dungeons from horrible creatures but don't forget your humble beginnings and the people of Darkwood in their hour of need.

Grow strong and your own vegetables in the diverse RPG world of <span class="bold">Balrum</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 40% discount will last until July 5, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rXnns5lBZnQ
Post edited June 28, 2016 by maladr0Id
As others have said... Eschalon. When I watch the video I see Eschalon, Banished and Divine Divinity all wrapped up and repackaged. Might give it a whirl.
looks interesting... sounds good, will check out some reviews after work. :)
Oh man. Huge fan of the Eschalon games which I have here. Have been eyeing this one for ages and was waiting till the end of the Steam sale to see if it got a larger discount so I can pay for it with my wallet funds. But now that its here, I'd much rather prefer GOG but no wallet funds here. If only all decisions were either win/kinda-win no matter what option you choose in the end, ha!

Do you guys think it may go for 60% or more here before the Steam sale ends or is this price the best till the next big GOG sale? Could GOG price match if it goes lower elsewhere? I don't follow trends or anything so hoping someone can educate me...appreciate it.
Yay, bought.
Hm, looks nice. But even on easiest settings it seems as if your character gets hungry and thirsty pretty fast.
And in the cart it goes...definitely will buy within the week.
fortune_p_dawg: this looks like eschalon but not as good. it's like fans of eschalon got together and made and eschalon-a-like.
If it has a good story I think I'd like this. Eschalon was too much of a grand for me. It might not have helped that I was a mage so I would go, cast spells, run away and rest them repeat. Not super interesting.
Looks like Eschalon Book and Don't Starve had a baby. I want to adopt it.
Eschalon is the game, which comes to my mind too.

I think I'll like it.
Already have it on Steam. Just like Examina. I'll wait for a massive discount or connect feature.
sunshinecorp: Since you appear to have bought 3 copies, can I get one? :P
I'm willing trade one copy of Balrum with some moussaka from the other thread. (minimum pan diameter = 50cm). :D

deonast: Good thinking, I should probably put my hand up for the third copy ;)
Only if you have moussaka (Greek version) to trade. Pan specifications apply to you as well. :D
low rated
That's not Zero Time Dilemma. That doesn't even look good. You were on such a roll, too, GOG.
I remember seeing this kickstarter. Was so close to backing it but thought it would eat up a lot of my time. Glad to see it was finished and released.
This looks very nice! I hadn't heard of it before this announcement.
Maxvorstadt: Hm, looks nice. But even on easiest settings it seems as if your character gets hungry and thirsty pretty fast.
Ugh. I don't like survival mechanisms unless they are central to the game play, such as in Don't Starve. As secondary mechanisms in an RPG I find they just detract from everything else while offering very little in return.