It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Classical music.

The timeless soundtracks from Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate II EE, <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span>, and Icewind Dale EE are now available for purchase, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount.

As a huge part of their undying charm, the soundtracks for these RPG classics deserve a place in every fan's playlist, even more so after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE OST</span> includes 33 of Michael Honig's haunting themes, plus 7 new ones composed by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE OST</span>: A massive game needs a massive soundtrack. There are 66 tracks here, composed by Michael Honig, Iron Zur, and Howard Drossin for the original game and Throne of Bhaal, plus 15 new ones provided once again by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear OST</span> is made up of 21 tracks composed exclusively by Sam Hulick to accompany the story that bridges the gap between the events of the original BG and Shadows of Amn.

- <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE OST</span> brings all 51 tracks composed by the legendary Jeremy Soule for this combat-heavy entry in the Forgotten Realms saga. The main theme alone will get you battle-ready in no time.

The 66% discount will last until July 4, 1PM UTC.
Incidentally, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE</span>, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE</span>, and <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE</span> are on discount right now in our grand <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 20</span>.
high rated
liquidBass: Great. So do I get my money back now?
jalister: Happy to see that sale price. Thanks to who pulled that off.

liquidBass - Maybe you can get a refund if you haven't downloaded it yet?
Sale price won't help much I guess. Even Planescape: Torment OST from Beamdog (which is here for a while already) is ranked now #1911 on GOG now from all 2042 games and dlc. We can say that most GOGers don't want to support Beamdog business practices.

If you appreciate what developers do then you buy Collector's editions, OSTs etc., re-buy their games on other platform etc. I guess it is not the case here, but Beamdog don't get it and acts as if everything is fine and like they truly hear and respect community.

Buying these "DLC" (when we have free OST in original BG series) is a sign of gratitude to the developers. Sale stats on GOG say it loud and clear: We don't appreciate what you are doing. Please, stop and change.
We truly love games that you happen to have a chance to "enhance" and it is the only reason you have our money. Stop acting like everything is fine...
Post edited June 27, 2017 by Vovchigus
Vovchigus: Please, stop and change:
We truly love games that you happen to have a chance to "enhance" and it is the only reason you have our money. Stop acting like everything is fine...
SteamSpy data: BG EE 1 and 2 - 1,1 million units sold on Steam.
So i guess that from their point of view everything is just fine as GOG is (presumably) just a very small part of overall sales percentage... Unfortunately.
Post edited June 27, 2017 by krakataul
jalister: Happy to see that sale price. Thanks to who pulled that off.

liquidBass - Maybe you can get a refund if you haven't downloaded it yet?
Vovchigus: Sale price won't help much I guess. Even Planescape: Torment OST from Beamdog (which is here for a while already) is ranked now #1911 on GOG now from all 2042 games and dlc. We can say that most GOGers don't want to support Beamdog business practices.

If you appreciate what developers do then you buy Collector's editions, OSTs etc., re-buy their games on other platform etc. I guess it is not the case here, but Beamdog don't get it and acts as if everything is fine and like they truly hear and respect community.
There has been a lot of hate for Beamdog over the years. I may not like everything they do, but I don't think they are all bad. I remember being part of a large thread on the Beamdog forums arguing for a DRM free release. I didn't buy the game at launch because they wouldn't do a DRM free version. I stated I would keep my money until that day. That day was when they finally launched on GOG. I didn't buy Dragonspear though, because I wanted the original games, and not some other developers interpretation of the Baldur's Gate world. I believe I still have the EE version before the questionable changes went in.

I have the original soundtracks, but decided to buy the EE versions for the FLAC releases now that the discount is here. Hopefully they are truly uncompressed versions. The additional tracks are hopefully a worthwhile bonus.

I'm not very optimistic about Baldur's Gate 3. Maybe it would be better if they took the engine assets, and made an entirely new IP.
Nightblair: Maybe I could rephrase that differently. What used to be for free before on GOG, as added value, in the Good old Games days, is now monetized.
hummer010: Wrong.

The original soundtracks are still free with the original games. The original games are still included with the purchase of the EE games. Ergo, if you buy the EE version of the game, you still get the original soundtrack as a free bonus.

Just like juliusborisov says: That which was free, is still free.
true
but the difference is that it is in no way apparent from the store page of the EE games that you:
a) get the (classic) soundtrack via the included classic game.
b) in what way the classic soundtrack does(or does not) differ from the enhanced soundtrack that is sold as a separate product.

The chance that a customer simply buys the enhanced soundtrack along with the game due to not knowing about the classic soundtrack is definitely there.
It is a really consumer unfriendly way to present the whole deal i think
high rated
GOG.com: after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions
I see what you (inadvertently?) did there!

jalister: My dislike of EA does go down a little bit for every good DRM free game EA releases on GOG.
See, that's what I'm saying: Every time EA releases something on gog, my hatred for them decreases a bit. On the other hand, my hatred for Beamdog significantly *increases* whenever they release something here. Try to wrap your head around that one! Quite an accomplishment, if you ask me. Ergo: EA > Beamdog :P
GOG.com: after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions
fronzelneekburm: I see what you (inadvertently?) did there!

jalister: My dislike of EA does go down a little bit for every good DRM free game EA releases on GOG.
fronzelneekburm: See, that's what I'm saying: Every time EA releases something on gog, my hatred for them decreases a bit. On the other hand, my hatred for Beamdog significantly *increases* whenever they release something here. Try to wrap your head around that one! Quite an accomplishment, if you ask me. Ergo: EA > Beamdog :P
I actually see your logic. However, Beamdog killed one long dead franchise with its changes and new DLC. Don't get me wrong, Baldur's Gate is awesome, but the original developers moved on ages ago. EA has been killing several franchises for what feels like forever. EA just killed an amazing franchise last month.

EDIT - Who am I kidding, EA killed Mass Effect back in 2012 with the last fifteen minutes of ME3.
Post edited June 27, 2017 by jalister
Why in the living fuck would I pay for something that's free?
I don't care for the Enhanced Edition OSTs, but could you PLEASE finally fix the OST from the original Baldur's Gate II?
The first track is still fucked and I'm tired of writing my yearly ticket to support about that.
Blackbot: I don't care for the Enhanced Edition OSTs, but could you PLEASE finally fix the OST from the original Baldur's Gate II?
The first track is still fucked and I'm tired of writing my yearly ticket to support about that.
What trouble are you experiencing? I've just listened to it in all its 320kbs glory, and I can't find any fault with it.
Christliar: Pretty disgusting move, whoever was responsible for it. And a pet peeve - it's not CLASSICAL music, that either denotes the Western Classical Tradition, which these soundtracks aren't a part of, or the music of the First Viennese School, i.e. Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven. "Classic soundtracks" would be a more appropriate label.
Ah, a music connoisseur :)
Vovchigus: Sale price won't help much I guess. Even Planescape: Torment OST from Beamdog (which is here for a while already) is ranked now #1911 on GOG now from all 2042 games and dlc. We can say that most GOGers don't want to support Beamdog business practices.

jalister: There has been a lot of hate for Beamdog over the years. I may not like everything they do, but I don't think they are all bad. I remember being part of a large thread on the Beamdog forums arguing for a DRM free release. I didn't buy the game at launch because they wouldn't do a DRM free version. I stated I would keep my money until that day. That day was when they finally launched on GOG. I didn't buy Dragonspear though, because I wanted the original games, and not some other developers interpretation of the Baldur's Gate world. I believe I still have the EE version before the questionable changes went in.

I have the original soundtracks, but decided to buy the EE versions for the FLAC releases now that the discount is here. Hopefully they are truly uncompressed versions. The additional tracks are hopefully a worthwhile bonus.

I'm not very optimistic about Baldur's Gate 3. Maybe it would be better if they took the engine assets, and made an entirely new IP.
BG3 will have to use the 5ed rules. WOTC has a rule about any new d&d crpg has to use the current edition of the rules.

The problem with this is that in the Forgotten Realms, where BG takes place, the 5ed changes happen because of some major events in the Realms. Said events take place around 500 years after BG2 ended. So if anyone from the original BG games shows up in BG3 it will be a massive, gaping, plot-hole. Kind of like if you make a historical rpg set in ancient Egypt, and some characters have kevlar vests and cellphones - because current.
DyNaer: ummmm, i don't see anywhere Icewind Dale EE got new tracks >.>

The price of each soundtrack reach the sky..more than one original game when they were still available as pointed above .....sigh that's disappointing

Asked prices on GOG (at least for this case) are too much....i guess that's Beamdog's fault & because of this :

Would be nice to be able to have packages on GOG, like on Steam, when you can complete a package if you partially own the content.....with a discounted price
juliusborisov: All 4 new soundtracks are on sale on GoG as well (like on Steam and in the Beamdog store).
Only IF you own\buy the EE versions of the games. Lets not skip that bit. Important.

http://i.imgur.com/70VXNO0.jpg[/img

Sneaky way of trying to sell your games.

Nightblair: Maybe I could rephrase that differently. What used to be for free before on GOG, as added value, in the Good old Games days, is now monetized.
hummer010: Wrong.

The original soundtracks are still free with the original games. The original games are still included with the purchase of the EE games. Ergo, if you buy the EE version of the game, you still get the original soundtrack as a free bonus.

Just like juliusborisov says: That which was free, is still free.

If you want the additional EE tracks, and FLAC formats, then you have to pay extra.

Dirty, dickish move charging for soundtracks? Yes. Did they remove something that was once free? No.
They increased the total price though. You can only get the classics with the free soundtracks IF you buy their overpriced EE games now.

Last year you got the soundtrack for free when you bought the classic game for 9 bucks or less. Now you get the soundtrack if you buy their 20-30 bucks EE game.
Post edited June 28, 2017 by Stig79
Stig79: Kind of like if you make a historical rpg set in ancient Egypt, and some characters have kevlar vests and cellphones - because Stargate
Fixed that for you. ;)
Stig79: Kind of like if you make a historical rpg set in ancient Egypt, and some characters have kevlar vests and cellphones - because Stargate
Vythonaut: Fixed that for you. ;)
I wouldn't be surprised if Stargate characters show up in Beamdog games.
Stig79: Last year you got the soundtrack for free when you bought the classic game for 9 bucks or less. Now you get the soundtrack if you buy their 20-30 bucks EE game.
I like you paint it as bad as possible for the EE's!

"$9 or less for the originals". It was $9.99USD regular price. No "or less" unless you bought it on sale.

$19.99USD for the EE's. Unless you buy them on sale. The BG EE's have been on sale for as little as $4.99USD. I think they were bundled on GOG once.