It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Classical music.

The timeless soundtracks from Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate II EE, <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span>, and Icewind Dale EE are now available for purchase, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount.

As a huge part of their undying charm, the soundtracks for these RPG classics deserve a place in every fan's playlist, even more so after getting enriched for the purposes of their Enhanced Editions.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE OST</span> includes 33 of Michael Honig's haunting themes, plus 7 new ones composed by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE OST</span>: A massive game needs a massive soundtrack. There are 66 tracks here, composed by Michael Honig, Iron Zur, and Howard Drossin for the original game and Throne of Bhaal, plus 15 new ones provided once again by Sam Hulick.

- <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear OST</span> is made up of 21 tracks composed exclusively by Sam Hulick to accompany the story that bridges the gap between the events of the original BG and Shadows of Amn.

- <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE OST</span> brings all 51 tracks composed by the legendary Jeremy Soule for this combat-heavy entry in the Forgotten Realms saga. The main theme alone will get you battle-ready in no time.

The 66% discount will last until July 4, 1PM UTC.
Incidentally, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate EE</span>, <span class="bold">Baldur's Gate II EE</span>, and <span class="bold">Icewind Dale EE</span> are on discount right now in our grand <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 20</span>.
Nightblair: What was free (as a bonus item) before is now for $10, yaaay!

Congratulations on new level of Beamdog greed!
My thoughts exactly. :D
Nightblair: What was free (as a bonus item) before is now for $10, yaaay!

Congratulations on new level of Beamdog greed!
Impaler26: My thoughts exactly. :D
I reiterate: what was free (as a bonus item) continues to stay free.
high rated
juliusborisov: I reiterate: what was free (as a bonus item) continues to stay free.
Maybe I could rephrase that differently. What used to be for free before on GOG, as added value, in the Good old Games days, is now monetized.
Stig79: So you are saying that Hasbro made this deal in order to make less money? The classic versions were outselling the EE versions by miles, as you know.

It would be in Hasbro's best interest to keep the games selling separately, no?
hummer010: Hasbro will likely get a cut from the sale of Beamdog games and OST's. I bet they stand to make more money by promoting the sales of the Beamdog products.
They could promote Beamdog in addition to letting the classics pull in money liked they used to. 10 bucks per classic game is more than they will be getting from the OST sales. The classics were outselling the EE games too, so.
hummer010: Hasbro will likely get a cut from the sale of Beamdog games and OST's. I bet they stand to make more money by promoting the sales of the Beamdog products.
Stig79: They could promote Beamdog in addition to letting the classics pull in money liked they used to. 10 bucks per classic game is more than they will be getting from the OST sales. The classics were outselling the EE games too, so.
If Hasbro does have a financial stake in the EE's as you say, why would they put multiple versions of the same product for sale? All that does is basically devalue one over the other, killing the sales potential of one product so you could sell another?

Also, do you have a citation where it's fact that the classics were outselling the EE's once the EE's were on sale?
high rated
Wow, fucking parasites! xD

I hope they go belly up and their licenses are sold off to a less horrible company. Like EA.
PaterAlf: That has nothing to do with Beamdog. It's GOG's fault. They count soundtracks as DLCs and so you can only buy them when you own the base game. Doesn't make much sense, but that's how they do it for years.
There is at least one exception on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/obduction_soundtrack

They could provide them independently if they wanted to (or when allowed to do so). :/
high rated
Nightblair: Maybe I could rephrase that differently. What used to be for free before on GOG, as added value, in the Good old Games days, is now monetized.
Wrong.

The original soundtracks are still free with the original games. The original games are still included with the purchase of the EE games. Ergo, if you buy the EE version of the game, you still get the original soundtrack as a free bonus.

Just like juliusborisov says: That which was free, is still free.

If you want the additional EE tracks, and FLAC formats, then you have to pay extra.

Dirty, dickish move charging for soundtracks? Yes. Did they remove something that was once free? No.
fronzelneekburm: Wow, fucking parasites! xD

I hope they go belly up and their licenses are sold off to a less horrible company. Like EA.
Sorry, nobody is worse than EA. How many developers has EA bought and destroyed? How many franchises has EA destroyed? I know Beamdog received a lot of flak for the "SJW" changes in their release, but has anyone paid attention to Mass Effect Andromeda? EA killed Mass Effect.

My dislike of EA does go down a little bit for every good DRM free game EA releases on GOG. I'm still hoping for the complete Mass Effect trilogy to show up here, along with the rest of the Dragon Ages and Kingdoms of Amalur.
Post edited June 27, 2017 by jalister
Tarhiel: I suppose so.
And I looked at the descriptions and there are few bonus tracks in each OST, except Dragonspear.
DyNaer: ummmm, i don't see anywhere Icewind Dale EE got new tracks >.>

The price of each soundtrack reach the sky..more than one original game when they were still available as pointed above .....sigh that's disappointing

Asked prices on GOG (at least for this case) are too much....i guess that's Beamdog's fault & because of this :

Would be nice to be able to have packages on GOG, like on Steam, when you can complete a package if you partially own the content.....with a discounted price
All 4 new soundtracks are on sale on GoG as well (like on Steam and in the Beamdog store).

The price of each soundtrack reach the sky..more than one original game when they were still available as pointed above .....sigh that's disappointing

Asked prices on GOG (at least for this case) are too much....i guess that's Beamdog's fault & because of this :

Would be nice to be able to have packages on GOG, like on Steam, when you can complete a package if you partially own the content.....with a discounted price
juliusborisov: All 4 new soundtracks are on sale on GoG as well (like on Steam and in the Beamdog store).
Why Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is -50% on Steam Summer Sale and was only -20% on GOG Summer Sale? Should we take it as discrimination of GOG users?

juliusborisov: All 4 new soundtracks are on sale on GoG as well (like on Steam and in the Beamdog store).
Great. So do I get my money back now?
hummer010: The original soundtracks are still free with the original games. The original games are still included with the purchase of the EE games. Ergo, if you buy the EE version of the game, you still get the original soundtrack as a free bonus.

Just like juliusborisov says: That which was free, is still free.

If you want the additional EE tracks, and FLAC formats, then you have to pay extra.

Dirty, dickish move charging for soundtracks? Yes. Did they remove something that was once free? No.
Yeah, you are right. I overreacted, I meant something different (that dickish move you mention) and I could not worded it correctly. Maybe I need to give myself few minutes break before I post something hateful on the internet. I apologize.

On the bright side, I've found dvd with complete edition of Baldur's gate for a good price. No money goes to Beamdog.
high rated
Witcher 3
---------
DLC 1-16: Free
Manual: Free
Wallpapers: Free
Paper toys: Free
Artbook: Free
Map: Free
Universe compendium: Free
Soundtrack (mp3): Free
Soundtrack (FLAC): Free
HD video x 8: Free
Artworks x 44: Free
Comic: Free
Multilingual goodies x 6: Free

HoS goodies
-----------
Wallpapers, comics, soundtracks, renders: Free

B&W goodies
-----------
Wallpapers, comics, soundtracks, concept art, renders: Free

Beamdog
-------
BG:EE Soundtrack: £6.99
BG2:EE Soundtrack: £6.99
SoD Soundtrack: £6.99
IWD:EE Soundtrack: £6.99

Beamdog need to mend their image and this is how they do it? Man, they need new management.
liquidBass: Great. So do I get my money back now?
Happy to see the sale prices show up here. Thanks to whoever pulled that off.

liquidBass - Maybe you can get a refund if you haven't downloaded it yet?
Post edited June 27, 2017 by jalister