It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In a mod for a retro turn-based combat game? We got you, because Axe Cop is now available on GOG!

In Axe Cop, you’ll step into the shoes of the titular Axe Cop and join his team in a timeless retro RPG adventure. Get ready to embark on a variety of daring missions to confront the enemies, including the likes of Bad Santa Claus, Dr. Stinkyhead, Dr. Doo doo, and more. The game caters to both casual and hardcore RPG enthusiasts, providing ample doses of strategic gameplay, engaging quests, and an enthralling storyline that anyone can immerse themselves into fully; so wield your virtual axe and experience the thrill!

Now on GOG!
Oh, there was a game about this too? I wasn't expecting the genre to be RPG, though it looks like it could be amusing.
Damn, I was excited to see the title... and then I saw what the game actually is. What a waste to turn a comic like that into such pixelated NES crap that looks nothing like it.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by Breja
Interestingly, this game uses the same engine as False Skies, even though it's not the same developer. (Could tell based on how HP is layed out on screen during battle, not to mention that the game card mentions the engine used.)

(It's not RPG Maker.)
Looks great.
dtgreene: Interestingly, this game uses the same engine as False Skies, even though it's not the same developer. (Could tell based on how HP is layed out on screen during battle, not to mention that the game card mentions the engine used.)

(It's not RPG Maker.)
Yep, made with OHRRPGCE.
I was going say I hope for a Dr. McNinja cameo, but now I don't care because I agree with Breja: too much retro for such a wacky premise. I'd rather it be a hack & slash platformer with simple 3D visuals.
LegoDnD: I was going say I hope for a Dr. McNinja cameo, but now I don't care because I agree with Breja: too much retro for such a wacky premise. I'd rather it be a hack & slash platformer with simple 3D visuals.
For me the perfect way to adapt Axe Cop into video game form would be a 2D shooter like Guns, Gore and Cannoli. Hell, that game already looks more like Axe Cop than this does.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by Breja
I stumbled upon an Axe Cop cartoon late at night on tv some years ago. I had never heard of it before nor since (until now), but I found it delightfully ridiculous and entertaining. While I agree that a more action-oriented genre of game would fit the character better, I do love this type of game in general so I will definitely be getting this...you know, once my backlog gets a little smaller. Until then, to the wishlist it goes.
Releasing at 1PM12 ! :D