It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We have a great roguelite game for you – Astral Ascent is now available on GOG!

In Astral Ascent, you choose from four heroes and venture into the Garden, an astral prison overseen by 12 formidable mystical bosses known as the Zodiacs. You’ll challenge them, using an array of distinctive spells and loyal companions as you delve into the narrative of a platform roguelite gameplay featuring fast-paced combat.

Now on GOG!
Plays well with keyboard+mouse too, in case you were wondering.
"Rogue-like"... I'm out.
high rated
Please, pretty please, developers... go back to hand-crafting levels and experiences rather than the crutch of procgen and "emergence".
And as always...no Linux for GOG...
Reglisse: And as always...no Linux for GOG...
Steam lists Mac/Linux but the system requirements are only Windows. Looking at the forums there's evidence that the Mac version actually exists at least.
Looks very impressive. It has local coop!
mqstout: Please, pretty please, developers... go back to hand-crafting levels and experiences rather than the crutch of procgen and "emergence".
Hand-crafted levels are fine depending on the type of game, but if your game is designed to be replayed dozens or even hundreds of times, you will rapidly get bored seeing the same areas, loot, etc every time.
mqstout: Please, pretty please, developers... go back to hand-crafting levels and experiences rather than the crutch of procgen and "emergence".
mistycoven: Hand-crafted levels are fine depending on the type of game, but if your game is designed to be replayed dozens or even hundreds of times, you will rapidly get bored seeing the same areas, loot, etc every time.
Then don't design the game for such absurd "player attention". In vanishingly few games does it actually add to the experience. You just simply DESCRIBED an outcome of the overdone (verging on bad) design rather than why to use it.
Post edited November 14, 2023 by mqstout
mqstout: Then don't design the game for such absurd "player attention". In vanishingly few games does it actually add to the experience. You just simply DESCRIBED an outcome of the overdone (verging on bad) design rather than why to use it.
Maybe you shouldn't play games that you don't like, instead of prescribing how others design and play their games? I've replayed Streets of Rogue hundreds of times and thoroughly enjoyed my experience with it. It's procedural generation is what makes the replayability work. If that doesn't work for you, there are plenty of other games you can play.
This looks a lot like Dead Cells and I really wouldn't want Dead Cells to be anything other than a roguelike. It's not bad design and to claim so is to fundamentally misunderstand games in general. To be fair, there have been a lot of roguelikes released here in the last few weeks...as fun as they are it's good to have non-roguelikes once in a while....
eric5h5: This looks a lot like Dead Cells and I really wouldn't want Dead Cells to be anything other than a roguelike. It's not bad design and to claim so is to fundamentally misunderstand games in general.
I've never beaten Dead Cells and I really tried. And don't tell me to "git gud", I'm an old man, I'll never grow into these type of games.

eric5h5: To be fair, there have been a lot of roguelikes released here in the last few weeks...as fun as they are it's good to have non-roguelikes once in a while....
It would be nicer if the majority of new games wouldn't be rogue-likes... but yes.
Reglisse: And as always...no Linux for GOG...
They just released the Mac and Linux builds with offline installers.
Nice. Now they just need to update the system requirements to include Mac/Windows too.