It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Explore the entangled lives of two families across thirty years in an original interactive drama from INTERIOR/NIGHT – As Dusk Falls is now out on GOG!

Starting in 1998 with a robbery-gone-wrong in small town Arizona, the choices you make have a powerful impact on the characters’ lives in this uncompromising story of betrayal, sacrifice and resilience.

Incredible replayability, beautiful art style, decisions that shape the characters’ fates, those are just some of the things As Dusk Falls offers.

Check it out!
It has a tablet vibe and not in a good way. This is a game I would pass on for free. $30? I would Picard, but it made me chuckle, so at least they have a sense of humor.....
MarkoH01: I never heard of a single case that Galaxy ever showed achievements when they were turned off.
It's tried to sneak up on me, a couple of times, so I always check to make sure that stuff is off when I load Galaxy.
MarkoH01: I never heard of a single case that Galaxy ever showed achievements when they were turned off.
DoomSooth: It's tried to sneak up on me, a couple of times, so I always check to make sure that stuff is off when I load Galaxy.
Again, you say that it is good that the game does not have any achievements even though it never happened that Galaxy has showed achievements when they were turned off ... also, if you don't use Galaxy it is completely impossible to see them - so I fail to see reason here to be happy that ag ame does not have any achievements instead of wishing them for others while still turning them simply off if you dislike them yourself.
Post edited March 07, 2024 by MarkoH01
DoomSooth: It's tried to sneak up on me, a couple of times, so I always check to make sure that stuff is off when I load Galaxy.
MarkoH01: Again, you say that it is good that the game does not have any achievements even though it never happened that Galaxy has showed achievements when they were turned off ... also, if you don't use Galaxy it is completely impossible to see them - so I fail to see reason here to be happy that ag ame does not have any achievements instead of wishing them for others while still turning them simply off if you dislike them yourself.
Nono... I mean Galaxy has tried to be sneaky and turn achievements back on for me, a couple of times, after I've turned them off. I don't need them and wish I could get rid of the ones I have. GOG refuses to delete that stuff. They say it can't be deleted. If it can be written then it can be deleted.
MarkoH01: Again, you say that it is good that the game does not have any achievements even though it never happened that Galaxy has showed achievements when they were turned off ... also, if you don't use Galaxy it is completely impossible to see them - so I fail to see reason here to be happy that ag ame does not have any achievements instead of wishing them for others while still turning them simply off if you dislike them yourself.
DoomSooth: Nono... I mean Galaxy has tried to be sneaky and turn achievements back on for me, a couple of times, after I've turned them off. I don't need them and wish I could get rid of the ones I have. GOG refuses to delete that stuff. They say it can't be deleted. If it can be written then it can be deleted.
If this really happened to you I can understand you - it's the first time I heard about this but there's a first time for everything I guess.
high rated
DoomSooth: This looks decent. Not having achievements makes it better.
Alexim: Seriously, no achievements? This is practically the ultimate insult from Xbox Game Studios if that were the case.
Gog community summed up in 2 quotes ;P
Alexim: Seriously, no achievements? This is practically the ultimate insult from Xbox Game Studios if that were the case.
Agreed 100%!

This looks like it might be a decent clone of the Detroit: Become Human game format.

But missing Achievements, equals no buy.
high rated
DoomSooth: This looks decent. Not having achievements makes it better.
Based
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Agreed 100%!

This looks like it might be a decent clone of the Detroit: Become Human game format.

But missing Achievements, equals no buy.
Same here, missing achievements, equals no buy.
MarkoH01: No launch discount ... 30 bucks? Dream on. There are enough nice indie games with reasonal and fair pricing. I pass until this has a price I can accept.
Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
Or not, man can also decide not to do anything. Up to the man.
DoomSooth: Nono... I mean Galaxy has tried to be sneaky and turn achievements back on for me, a couple of times, after I've turned them off. I don't need them and wish I could get rid of the ones I have. GOG refuses to delete that stuff. They say it can't be deleted. If it can be written then it can be deleted.
And what happens when you get one? Does your resistance against sunlight diminish every time you get one? And if you have enough you're a full grown vampire? What's the real real-life drawback?

The only one I can imagine is, that I get from playing Ubisoft's games points with real benefits, that I can actually use for whatever I want (and be it a 20% discount code for preordering a game). If I use their client, of course. But wait, that's not a disadvantage, hence we all must die!
Post edited March 08, 2024 by Sternitzky
Oh, the 30 bucks wasn't a mistake, but a trial balloon it seems.

I'm curious what God of War will cost... 49.99 maybe?

:-P
Post edited March 08, 2024 by kultpcgames
Sternitzky: And what happens when you get one? Does your resistance against sunlight diminish every time you get one? And if you have enough you're a full grown vampire? What's the real real-life drawback?
What's the real life drawback of not getting achievements? I don't need achievements to tell me what I have and haven't done in a game. That's what quests, game over, or high scores are for. Why are you offended that I don't like something that you like? How about getting back to the topic? Don't bother answering. Those are rhetorical questions.
Sternitzky: And what happens when you get one? Does your resistance against sunlight diminish every time you get one? And if you have enough you're a full grown vampire? What's the real real-life drawback?
DoomSooth: What's the real life drawback of not getting achievements? I don't need achievements to tell me what I have and haven't done in a game. That's what quests, game over, or high scores are for. Why are you offended that I don't like something that you like? How about getting back to the topic? Don't bother answering. Those are rhetorical questions.
Technically speakting: you don't have a problem with achievements, you have a problem with Galaxy not being able to guarantee you that they are disabled since disabled achievements won't bother you at all while they would also serve those who enjoy them.

I doubt anybody has a problem with the fact that some people like and some people dislike or don't see a reason for achievements as long as this does not mean that those who dislike them will still have to use them and those who like them won't get the option to use them.
Post edited March 09, 2024 by MarkoH01
kultpcgames: I'm curious what God of War will cost... 49.99 maybe?
The same as any other Sony game, but there will undoubtedly be a launch discount.
DoomSooth: What's the real life drawback of not getting achievements?
The point is that you have an option to disable achievements in Galaxy or to not use Galaxy at all. We have no option to enable what's not there.

I still bought this, to promote more XGS releases, but it would have been better with achievements.
Post edited March 09, 2024 by SargonAelther