It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Set off on a harrowing journey through desolation and despair, exploring the limits of human resilience. Amnesia: Rebirth is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! In this bone-chilling adventure game, you take the role of Tasi Trianon, a woman waking up deep in the desert of Algeria. Carefully you must retrace your steps and pull together the fragments of your shattered past to survive the horror that threatens to devour you.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
can't wait to dig into this this weekend!
I was watching an early access gameplay on Youtube. And from what I could see it's not bad at all. It's not the best that has been seen in graphics or in other deliveries of Frictional Games Studio as is the case of videogame Soma. But Amnesia doesn't need great graphics to cause fear or anxiety either. And that's a formula that has been proven since the first installment of the saga. At the wish list and would like to see very good reviews from the owners of the game at GOG. I know that the video game will be very worthwhile and... happy scares on these dates! :P
I hope this will be good. What I've seen so far was leaning heavily towards the "muh emotionally engaging, cinematic experience" side of things, with cheap jumpscares replacing creeping dread and punctuated by superfluous narration. I hope it will be better than that.
Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksdx9dxiJm4

From Gmanlives which can be good or bad depending on how you feel about his opinion.
@gog

lol, you n00bs! The news page lists this thing as a "related game".

*facepalm*
FIFTY GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS!
I hoped it was a sequel to Amnesia: Memories, but no it is just some horror game :(.
joveian: I hoped it was a sequel to Amnesia: Memories, but no it is just some horror game :(.
You are joking, right? Amnesia: Rebirth - some sort of sequel to Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
A woman talks constantly for maximum horror, and the 60 fps lock protects you from the dangers of speeding. I guess Algeria is represented, so that's cool. I hope it's possible to remove the voice-over and focus on the text without missing too much.
Post edited October 20, 2020 by kmanitou
kmanitou:
Thanks, that explains the "Rebirth" subtitle I was wandering about.
Might want to put a spoiler alert? (info not part of Announcement, for good or bad)

Edit: quote reduced
Post edited October 20, 2020 by i_ni
Has even a single forum member bought this? The Steam launch/build is apparently a complete and utter clusterfuck (missing the exe and stuff), so I'd be curious to know how the gog version fares in that regard.
fronzelneekburm: Has even a single forum member bought this? The Steam launch/build is apparently a complete and utter clusterfuck (missing the exe and stuff), so I'd be curious to know how the gog version fares in that regard.
yeah, i had it preordered. going to play it later.
fronzelneekburm: Has even a single forum member bought this? The Steam launch/build is apparently a complete and utter clusterfuck (missing the exe and stuff), so I'd be curious to know how the gog version fares in that regard.
fortune_p_dawg: yeah, i had it preordered. going to play it later.
Kewl, looking forward to your first impressions!
fortune_p_dawg: yeah, i had it preordered. going to play it later.
fronzelneekburm: Kewl, looking forward to your first impressions!
yep i'll let you all know.