It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes the best defense...is tower defense!

Aegis Defenders is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
Bursting with mysterious ancient technology, the legendary Aegis might be just what you and your fellow Ruinhunters need to save your village from the nefarious Empire.
Explore the land of Elam with four different, customizable characters, build powerful machines to defend your position or platform your way forward. To achieve the loudest possible coordination, you can also play this Metroidvania/tower defense hybrid in split-screen co-op mode!

Get the official soundtrack for your collection.
Starmaker: ...(Thought the pixel art is ever so slightly suspicious.)
You know I've seen a lot of games with suspicious pixel art these days. It's like instead of drawing things pixel by pixel, they just converted a normal drawing into pixels. Looks very, well like you said, suspicious.
Children of Morta is one of them, although in that game's case I like the style. If that game IS drawn pixel by pixel, then props to them, shit looks good.
Starmaker: ...(Thought the pixel art is ever so slightly suspicious.)
pkk234: You know I've seen a lot of games with suspicious pixel art these days. It's like instead of drawing things pixel by pixel, they just converted a normal drawing into pixels. Looks very, well like you said, suspicious.
Children of Morta is one of them, although in that game's case I like the style. If that game IS drawn pixel by pixel, then props to them, shit looks good.
Many classic 8 and 16 bit games used scanned drawings, for example Monkey Island 2 backgrounds and I'm sure Monkey Island foreground portraits of characters. What's wrong with that? Maybe you can find an interview about it. Saying suspicious like they have done something wrong or cheated is funny.
Post edited April 13, 2018 by Dogmaus
It's just been confirmed that Kickstarter backers will be able to get GOG keys. Hooray!

EDIT: Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1798022489/aegis-defenders/posts/2161676

EDIT 2: Except so far it looks like you can only get a key for the game. No word on soundtrack keys, and none of the backer DLC is available without DRM.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by Marioface5
So how much Tower Defense is actually in that game? Because it does not really look more like a platformer.
low rated
Sorry, but I'm about to barf this link all over the most recent news posts because I think this topic deserves more visibility. Given my experiences with GOG during the past year users will be informed after the fact and in a footnote. So go get yourself informed:

Introducing new privacy settings (official "announcement")

You might also want to check your new privacy settings for the upcoming update. Because several users (including myself) had been set to default values that weren't intended - even by GOG.