It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Embark on a fun-filled adventure in a ‘90s-inspired platformer. Adventures of Chris game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 15% discount lasting until 15th October 2020, 5 PM UTC! Help an underdog kid with wacky superpowers battle bizarre villains on 9 unique locations. Unlock and customize special moves and spells and save the world!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
This looks terrific!!
I've gotten the impression that for some reason, it's common for indie games to just appear on GOG out of nowhere, without any word about the release on this platform beforehand. This is no exception.

But still nice that this interesting game made it here. The hero's central ability reminds me of the Rayman game's sections, in which you get the temporary power up to the helicopter, after which the platforming mixes with flying around, navigating through spikes and flying enemies, except that this game seems to apply the flying ability to the whole game. It can result in opening up lots of possibilities for the level design if done right. I also like that you can play the levels in any order, I don't see that often in linear style platformers. Unlikely underdog hero is a plus too.

The dev also seems passionate, I like how in the making of video, he was specific about the games that inspired Adventures of Chris. So many indie platformers are advertised as "love letters to the classics", so providing some more details about the influences feels refreshing.
Pls remove Chris from the title of the game or i will be forced to take legal action against the game, i have it ™ just so you know !
Who was fat as a kid (or still is)...
but is able to ignore this fact today or even use it as an advantage? ^
me!
wishlisted :D
ChrisGamer300: Pls remove Chris from the title of the game or i will be forced to take legal action against the game, i have it ™ just so you know !
Agreed. This is defamation! Not all Chrisses were fat bespectacled kids who dreamed of better things. I was, but that doesn't mean we all were!
ChrisGamer300: Pls remove Chris from the title of the game or i will be forced to take legal action against the game, i have it ™ just so you know !
Crisco1492: Agreed. This is defamation! Not all Chrisses were fat bespectacled kids who dreamed of better things. I was, but that doesn't mean we all were!
Indeed. it's very rude !
Game looks fun but the character design is laughable, reminds me of that SNES game where you play as some random nerd or that [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Chaos_(video_game)]sonic-like Amiga game where you play as a bully who looks like an neanderthal[/url]. In a way, ideas like those also ruined the Amiga and SNES and I'm glad these games were reasonably unsuccessful. Lester is also a absolute trash game so I've heard.

Could've played as fabulous creatures/furries and it would've been much cuter and more appealing. Hell, you can see Kiwis smoking in the intro of New Zealand Story which is a childrens game but at least that looked way more appealing than this.

Truth be told, the game still looks like a nice addition for GOG. Too bad games like Superfrog have been removed from the store.
Post edited October 08, 2020 by Dray2k
Nananananananana... Fatman! ... Fatman!

;)
So a game about Gabe Newell's childhood?
The title is terrible and the art style does nothing for me, but it looks like a solid deal for fans of this kind of game. I wish it well (and a renaming).
Poor Chris went from being picked on by some school kids to being picked on by some game designers.

Turning into a spheric balloon with superpowers? Becoming friends with inflatable creatures? I'm afraid this game is trying so hard to help people with insecurities about their bodies, that it might have involuntarily ventured into parody.
Interesting, will wishlist for now.
Hollyhock: Poor Chris went from being picked on by some school kids to being picked on by some game designers.

Turning into a spheric balloon with superpowers? Becoming friends with inflatable creatures? I'm afraid this game is trying so hard to help people with insecurities about their bodies, that it might have involuntarily ventured into parody.
Since you mention it, I wonder if there's inflation fetish involved in the making of this video game. Because a fetish + underage child = huge warning sign.
RedRagan: I wonder if there's inflation fetish involved in the making of this video game. Because a fetish + underage child = huge warning sign.
For Chrissake, have you got any children ?