It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Create your own world in a relaxing Wild West-inspired worldbuilder – Above Snakes is now available on GOG!

Immerse yourself in an isometric Wild West-inspired RPG that blends creation with mild survival challenges. Craft your world step by step, exploring diverse biomes while contending with nature's elements and perilous Lost Souls. Collect resources, establish bases, and forge weapons and tools for hunting, fishing, farming, and combat.

Now on GOG!
Into the forum.
GOG.com: Release: Above Snakes
Man, I was about to write how much I like what I see here: the expanding by tiles, the graphical representation, the whole "vibe"...and then came the zombies (or "lost souls" as the game calls them).

I could've done without.
Looks a lot of fun to me.
Who needs My Time at Sandrock anyway when we have this game instead on gog . =)
Post edited November 17, 2023 by I feel so tired
I feel so tired: Who needs My Time at Sandrock anyway when we have this game instead on gog . =)
becuase they are two very different games? there is almost no similarity between them
Confusing for me as to whether this game is or is not in "early access".

The game page has the phrase "Exclusive Early Access" sandwiched between the two top banners ("JOIN OUR DISCORD" and "PLAY PREVIEW BUILDS".

The "usual" easily-identified "early access" text block is not there.

Is it in early access or not?

Is the game page just an un-updated cut-n-paste from when it WAS early access (happens all too often)?

Or does "early access" just mean I can play old "preview" builds if I wish? (The phrase is just above that banner).

Or is it just missing the "usual" "Early Access" text-block? Or maybe they aren't doing it like that anymore? (There was another recent game similarly labeled "early development" in an easy-to-overlook "regular" font that did not have a prominent text box "warning". TECHNICALLY not early access but instead "early development" (SAME SAME IMO)).

Like - what's the deal here?
So glad its finally here!

Been bugging the devs for this for a while
high rated
On the "Crytivo" Discord. The developer (I guess?) left a nice message for the GOG release. I'll leave you the message here:

" Exciting News: Above Snakes Now Available on GOG!

Hey

We hope this message finds you well and you are ready for some fantastic news. We're thrilled to share that our beloved game, Above Snakes, has just spread its wings and landed on the GOG platform!

For those who have been part of our journey since the beginning, thank you for your incredible support on Steam. Your enthusiasm has fueled our passion, and we couldn't be happier to bring Above Snakes to a new audience on GOG.

To celebrate this milestone, we want to express our gratitude with a little something special. For a limited time, we're offering a 20% discount on Above Snakes for our GOG release. It's our way of saying thank you for being such an amazing community and for joining us on this adventure.

This discount isn't just about the game; it's about sharing the joy of Above Snakes with even more players.

Spread the word, invite your friends, and let's make this GOG release as memorable as our time on Steam. Thank you for being the best community out there!

Happy gaming "

I leave the image as source:
Attachments:
Post edited November 17, 2023 by angelblue
With the German language setting, the description on the game card is French, not German... other languages seem to work fine though... -_-
And here I was hoping this game would involve snakes, but it looks like it's a building and crafting game with zombies.
Nice, much better than the other "west" game announced today.
Martek: Confusing for me as to whether this game is or is not in "early access".

The game page has the phrase "Exclusive Early Access" sandwiched between the two top banners ("JOIN OUR DISCORD" and "PLAY PREVIEW BUILDS".

The "usual" easily-identified "early access" text block is not there.

Is it in early access or not?

Is the game page just an un-updated cut-n-paste from when it WAS early access (happens all too often)?

Or does "early access" just mean I can play old "preview" builds if I wish? (The phrase is just above that banner).

Or is it just missing the "usual" "Early Access" text-block? Or maybe they aren't doing it like that anymore? (There was another recent game similarly labeled "early development" in an easy-to-overlook "regular" font that did not have a prominent text box "warning". TECHNICALLY not early access but instead "early development" (SAME SAME IMO)).

Like - what's the deal here?
The "Play preview builds" banner is a link to the devs' Patreon. I think the implication, together with the text immediately above it, is that purchasers who are also Patrons get access to new updates (presumably "beta-channel" builds) earlier than regular customers.
I was curious about the name, and someone asked the developers on Youtube and this is their reply:
"Above Snakes is "old west slang" and means "still alive". If you were "Above Snakes," you were above ground - meaning still alive. We found this pretty fitting for a Wild-West inspired survival game. " - SquareGlade
Looks like a really interesting game!
Post edited November 19, 2023 by Uilos