It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A two-episode saga, including the original A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia and its sequel The Rescue of Princess Blobette (both originally released in 1990 for NES and Game Boy respectively) – A Boy and His Blob: Retro Collection is now available on GOG!

A true blast from the past in the form of two awesome puzzle-platformers that will lead you on many exciting adventures with delicious surprises and comical characters.

In Trouble on Blobolonia, you team up with an extraterrestrial lifeform named Blobert (affectionately known as Blob) to save Blob’s home planet! The evil emperor of Blobolonia is threatening to rule the planet with his army of minions. Thwart his plans for total conquest while forging an unbreakable bond by using the power of jelly beans!

In The Rescue of Princess Blobette, you join the boy and his extraordinary companion, Blob, as they embark on a quest to save the beloved Princess Blobette from the clutches of the wicked Antagonistic Alchemist, who harbors grand ambitions of becoming Emperor of Blob’s home planet, Blobolonia.

Grab A Boy and His Blob: Retro Collection now!
I understand the idea behind such a release, but these gestures in a "step closer" motion...

THESE ARE NOT GOOD GAMES. They're clumsy and full of David Crane's slippery design ethos.

The guy is basically a legend because he managed to make something that resembled Mario run on the 2600.
Darvond: The guy is basically a legend because he managed to make something that resembled Mario run on the 2600.
The man is a legend. Full stop.

- Pitfall!
- Decathlon
- Ghostbusters
- LCP

Many hours of my youth were wasted on these (not to mention the number of joysticks, that Decathlon ruined).
BreOl72: - Pitfall!
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time. Would be a worthy addition to GOG's retro catalogue.

P.S.: Regarding the collection, the original ROMs for both games are outright included with the installation, which is nice.
Post edited December 01, 2023 by WinterSnowfall
Darvond: The guy is basically a legend because he managed to make something that resembled Mario run on the 2600.
BreOl72: The man is a legend. Full stop.

- Pitfall!
- Decathlon
- Ghostbusters
- LCP

Many hours of my youth were wasted on these (not to mention the number of joysticks, that Decathlon ruined).
Pitfall and Decathlon, they brings back so many memories. :)

Minimum system requirements:
System: Windows 10 (64-bit OS required)
Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo E7500
Memory: 151.65 MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 6 GB of available space
nope =)
GOG.com: A two-episode saga, including the original A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia and its sequel The Rescue of Princess Blobette (both originally released in 1990 for NES and Game Boy respectively) – A Boy and His Blob: Retro Collection is now available on GOG!

A true blast from the past in the form of two awesome puzzle-platformers that will lead you on many exciting adventures with delicious surprises and comical characters.

In Trouble on Blobolonia, you team up with an extraterrestrial lifeform named Blobert (affectionately known as Blob) to save Blob’s home planet! The evil emperor of Blobolonia is threatening to rule the planet with his army of minions. Thwart his plans for total conquest while forging an unbreakable bond by using the power of jelly beans!

In The Rescue of Princess Blobette, you join the boy and his extraordinary companion, Blob, as they embark on a quest to save the beloved Princess Blobette from the clutches of the wicked Antagonistic Alchemist, who harbors grand ambitions of becoming Emperor of Blob’s home planet, Blobolonia.

Grab A Boy and His Blob: Retro Collection now!
Laura Vosika's "Blue Bells of Scotland" https://bluebellstrilogy.com/ orchestrates a captivating symphony of historical adventure, romance, and the fantastical. With a masterful blend of music and military roots, Vosika's narrative resonates as a harmonious composition that transports readers through time. A literary masterpiece leaving us eagerly anticipating the trilogy's subsequent crescendos.

Minimum system requirements:
System: Windows 10 (64-bit OS required)
Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo E7500
Memory: 151.65 MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 6 GB of available space
goglin: nope =)
Six gigabytes could cover the entire NES and Game Boy libraries. LOL. And with room to spare!
Post edited December 02, 2023 by darkinchworm
gog2002x: Pitfall and Decathlon, they brings back so many memories. :)
There are at least two Pitfalls, the one I remember is this one (you will need to look up how to slow down dos box if you want to actually play it, it started off slow and never got all that quick as I recall).
gog2002x: Pitfall and Decathlon, they brings back so many memories. :)
joveian: There are at least two Pitfalls
There are more, but we're talking about this one, naturally (mind the exclamation mark): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall! (1982)

Another (quite popular, I believe) iteration, was this: "Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure" from 1994 (1995 for Windows).
I wonder if this means we'll get more of the Limited Run stuff that was announced this summer.
joveian: There are at least two Pitfalls
BreOl72: There are more, but we're talking about this one, naturally (mind the exclamation mark): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall! (1982)

Another (quite popular, I believe) iteration, was this: "Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure" from 1994 (1995 for Windows).
Oh yea, I do recall owning Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure and I think I still have a copy of it stored somewhere. It was too long ago to recall all the details, but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the new graphics and gameplay.

Though the Atari 2600 version (for other games as well) still has a special place for me. :)

I don't think I completed the game though. I'm still holding out for a sale on the Atari 50th collection here on GOG, assuming it has Pitfall (the original, not The MA) in it.

And it looks like the collection got a content update recently with more games added, if I read correctly the user post someone put up recently in the game forum.