It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A classic, reimagined.

<span class="bold">80 Days</span>, an award-winning choose-your-own-adventure, is available now on Windows and Mac OS X, DRM-free on GOG.com

If you haven't heard of Inkle's 80 Days, then you've probably at least heard of the story that inspired your future adventure: Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days. It's a familiar premise, and a timeless story - retold for a modern audience in a rebellious, steampunk spirit, and through a medium that couldn't be more relevant. In doing so, 80 Days creates a memorable narrative that takes all the greatest parts of a classic, and reinvents them in a way that's fresh, exciting, and wondrous once again. Set in an alternate 1872, you'll accompany Phileas Fogg in a wager to circumnavigate the globe - and together you'll shape your own interactive booklike adventure, and enjoy one of the most personal stories in gaming.

With the PC and Mac premiere 80 Days is also now bigger than ever, with 30 new cities in North and South America, major new characters, and brand new plotlines.

Go around the world in <span class="bold">80 Days</span>, now DRM-free on GOG.com
Did anyone else have issues with this game on Mac? I never got past the first screen which said "loading." I'll redownload and reinstall this evening before heading for support. I found two logs which mentioned Galaxy near the end, which was on my computer at one point from a pre-alpha build (auto-installed w/ WAG). No clue if that was the issue, though...
budejovice: I found two logs which mentioned Galaxy near the end, which was on my computer at one point from a pre-alpha build (auto-installed w/ WAG). No clue if that was the issue, though...
Definitely was a problem on Windows computers with other games. Possibly a different issue on Mac, but on Windows a solution was to install then uninstall the current version of Galaxy.
budejovice: Did anyone else have issues with this game on Mac? I never got past the first screen which said "loading." I'll redownload and reinstall this evening before heading for support. I found two logs which mentioned Galaxy near the end, which was on my computer at one point from a pre-alpha build (auto-installed w/ WAG). No clue if that was the issue, though...
I don't have any idea as to how Macs work but you could try removing whatever traces of the old pre-alpha Galaxy files, uninstalling the game, and then re-installing it again and see where that gets you :)
JudasIscariot: I don't have any idea as to how Macs work but you could try removing whatever traces of the old pre-alpha Galaxy files, uninstalling the game, and then re-installing it again and see where that gets you :)
I believe I've removed everything related, but I will take a look again before I attempt my 80 Days reinstall tonight.

Probably an isolated issue - seems to have sold pretty well according to what we think we know about the Popular tab, so if it was widespread I imagine I might have heard something here.

Thanks, and to Gydion too.
The mobile version was great.
Post edited October 03, 2015 by Nade
JudasIscariot: I don't have any idea as to how Macs work but you could try removing whatever traces of the old pre-alpha Galaxy files, uninstalling the game, and then re-installing it again and see where that gets you :)
budejovice: I believe I've removed everything related, but I will take a look again before I attempt my 80 Days reinstall tonight.

Probably an isolated issue - seems to have sold pretty well according to what we think we know about the Popular tab, so if it was widespread I imagine I might have heard something here.

Thanks, and to Gydion too.
Well, in any case, if you experience any oddities related to Galaxy, please use our mantis :)
JudasIscariot: Well, in any case, if you experience any oddities related to Galaxy, please use our mantis :)
Will do, thanks for the follow up. Tbh, I was buried in a single game (long-term project) all weekend and didn't try the 10 new ones on the To Try list. Didn't even make a single FTL run, damn... :)
Happily bought because of its daily deal, only to realise that, like few other Unity3D > 5.6 games (actually 5.6.5f1), it uses Unity Analytics to send telemetry.

This thing is starting to annoy me a lot, I thought I bought a game on gog, not on Steam.
Despite having 400+ games registered on GoG, Steam and MacGames, I'd never heard of this game until GoG started promoting Heaven's Vault and I looked up the games creators, Inkle. This was a serendipitous find. For those who like exploring with a bit of fun and adventure thrown in, this is a gem. And if you like decision-dependent games, then don't miss this. I've only completed one run through, getting home in 78 days, but I already looking forward to the next. Replayability is high if you enjoyed the game the first time. The dialogues are delightful and the story-telling excellent. Big recommend.
Post edited July 19, 2019 by danellolivaw
Post edited October 29, 2022 by servobeupstry