It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Who's up for seconds?

60 Parsecs! is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, 10% off until October 5th, 1pm UTC.

Earth just blew up and now there's a nuclear missile headed for your space station - WHAT TO DO?! First, grab the nearest towel and don't panic. Now grab a mechanic. A screwdriver. That lady who looks like she might know things. A piece of string? Your slippers, a bucket, your sunglasses, the--- uh oh, your 60 seconds are up! Time to blast off and pray that whatever you'll encounter out there prefers toothpaste to precious space soup. Or humans.
60 Seconds! is one of the very worst games I own on gog, so I'll make sure to stay well away from this one.
fronzelneekburm: 60 Seconds! is one of the very worst games I own on gog, so I'll make sure to stay well away from this one.
i saw it at steam... looking at screenshots i felt (◑‿◐) ......
game looked interesting so i bought it, omg i felt sorry for myself after that ..... ⊙︿⊙

Lets say it was a bad experience, didnt even ask for a refund cause i was in shock: (✖﹏✖)
game kept playing > 2 hours because of the state of shock i was in at that moment ....

Anyway i got out of it , but too late .... watching this game almost puts me back again ... .
the art is very nice, graphics ( action game) are nice, but the game itself is so repeating its .....
i dont know, maybe if they tried to make it a decent point and click , 2.5 d please no 3d or fpp stuff, maybe that might work, current formula is not my style .....
Post edited September 21, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Damn, every time I open the GOG title page I flinch in anticipation thinking 'What new abomination shall I see now on this once glorious and proud gaming resource'?

Something is f***ing seriously wrong with GOG game selection system. And for a long time already.
Vissavald: Damn, every time I open the GOG title page I flinch in anticipation thinking 'What new abomination shall I see now on this once glorious and proud gaming resource'?

Something is f***ing seriously wrong with GOG game selection system. And for a long time already.
i assume you mean the latest releases ?
If you refer to the few casual games , they arent that bad you know, and some companies make a very good living with it: Bigfishgames is one of them ( but they love DRM ( i wonder if they still use that awfull armadillo protection ( game wrappers).

I do agree with some titles other then the casual ones that arrived last month: i happen to like many of the HOG (hidden Object Games)

I think GOG is not to blame 100%, not even 50% or 30%.......

Dont forget users/gamers complain a lot, there is a wishlist and imho some games are really ....
paper planes ??? is one of them and there are a few more games i knew they exist at Steam and thought they belonged at Steam.

Anyway if people need more games chances are big you will have to lower your standards a little and allow more game genres to enter the community, and maybe risking some small 'shovelware' as people call it , to arrive.
Steam is mostly shovelware and has a few good games .................. i would prefer quality above quantity, problem is you cannot have a quantity of quality games, thats simply impossible cause 'shovelware' will slip in somehow ...
Ah, I remember hearing about this game. (I think) Let's see, was it NerdCubed, Cynical Brit, or some written review that gave it meh/10?

I see it has a tacky "British Depressive" artstyle.

Or was I reading/watching about a game with a very similar concept?
I don't get it - why all the dislike? I actually hadn't heard of the game and thought it looked kind of quirky and interesting.

Did I miss some secondary thing going on with it that just really turns people off? Is it way too random? Does it kick your dog?
Ixamyakxim: I don't get it - why all the dislike? I actually hadn't heard of the game and thought it looked kind of quirky and interesting.

Did I miss some secondary thing going on with it that just really turns people off? Is it way too random? Does it kick your dog?
ah you mean strange, odd, weird ? nice choice of the word quirky i know the word but hardly use it, i always use more common words like strange, odd, weird .
So you kinda like the game ?

I don't know if you missed some secondary thing going on with it , but thats a risk you have to take , make sure to stay alert, don't let a funny looking game fool you .
GOG.com: Who's up for seconds?
You release this yet don't want to have something from people that already approached you. Something is seriously wrong with GOG's curation. or the lack thereof.
PromZA: You release this yet don't want to have something from people that already approached you. Something is seriously wrong with GOG's curation. or the lack thereof.
Tons of developers and publishers approach GOG about a potential release. They are selective because they are a small company (comparatively), and want to give every release the same level of publicity and support.

The mysterious GOG curation standards some people refer to are a myth. Whether a game makes the cut or not is a commercial decision, and we'll have to assume that GOG have better data than us for predicting how many copies they can expect to sell of a game…

In other words, don't take it personally if a project you like is excluded from GOG =) maybe approach the developers about releasing it DRM-free on an alternative platform, with a lower barrier of entry, such as Humble Store or itch.io.
PromZA: You release this yet don't want to have something from people that already approached you. Something is seriously wrong with GOG's curation. or the lack thereof.
Anamon: Tons of developers and publishers approach GOG about a potential release. They are selective because they are a small company (comparatively), and want to give every release the same level of publicity and support.

The mysterious GOG curation standards some people refer to are a myth. Whether a game makes the cut or not is a commercial decision, and we'll have to assume that GOG have better data than us for predicting how many copies they can expect to sell of a game…

In other words, don't take it personally if a project you like is excluded from GOG =) maybe approach the developers about releasing it DRM-free on an alternative platform, with a lower barrier of entry, such as Humble Store or itch.io.
That is what I don't get. If GOG really wanted to make a point of DRM free they're doing a poor job. A game per week isn't going to have an impact and then it's sometimes a complete mystery why some titles even make it here having steam versions that have been neglected for years.
Ixamyakxim: I don't get it - why all the dislike?
Because, as I pointed out above, I played (and paid money for) 60 Seconds, and its so bad I find it mind-boggling how it got past the "curation" in the first place. It's the kind of indie shovelware that Desura would've been ashamed to put on its storefront.

And this one looks like the exact same thing, only with slightly different graphics so they can pretend this palette swap is actually a new game - sold at an astonishing $15+. No thanks!
Ixamyakxim: I don't get it - why all the dislike?
fronzelneekburm: Because, as I pointed out above, I played (and paid money for) 60 Seconds, and its so bad I find it mind-boggling how it got past the "curation" in the first place. It's the kind of indie shovelware that Desura would've been ashamed to put on its storefront.

And this one looks like the exact same thing, only with slightly different graphics so they can pretend this palette swap is actually a new game - sold at an astonishing $15+. No thanks!
It does look similar to 60 seconds! games looking similar or (exactly) the same is not bad either , a few examples of old games that look the same in a way :

c & c classics and red alert classics ( i won't mention ra3 and up and CnC generals and up cause imho those games are meh , i prefer the classics) same goes for classic commandos , baldurs, and jagged alliance, more of the same but i like the games a lot.
Anyway this doesn't count for every game, 60 seconds! and 60 parsecs are among the games that do not benefit from being more the same.
Hm. A game with the 'charm' of a free browser game for 15€. With regional pricing. That's a double no! I wonder if the devs even realize that 'Parsec' is not a unit of time but a distance. Probably not. 'Parsec' probably just sounded space-y to them without bothering with it's meaning.
Hm. A game with the 'charm' of a free browser game for 15€. With regional pricing. That's a double no! I wonder if the devs even realize that 'Parsec' is not a unit of time but a distance. Probably not. 'Parsec' probably just sounded space-y to them without bothering with it's meaning.
Anamon: The mysterious GOG curation standards some people refer to are a myth. Whether a game makes the cut or not is a commercial decision, ...
I doubt that. It is probably supposed to be a commercial decision. But if you compare the sales numbers (on other platforms) of some games that make the cut with the sales numbers of games that are rejected, you realize that GOG's 'curation' is either very arbitrary or completely random. My current theory is the latter. Somewhere, there sits an unpaid GOG-curator-intern with a bag of dice and 'decides' which games to take and which not.
Post edited September 25, 2018 by Lifthrasil
Anamon: The mysterious GOG curation standards some people refer to are a myth. Whether a game makes the cut or not is a commercial decision, ...
Lifthrasil: I doubt that. It is probably supposed to be a commercial decision. But if you compare the sales numbers (on other platforms) of some games that make the cut with the sales numbers of games that are rejected, you realize that GOG's 'curation' is either very arbitrary or completely random. My current theory is the latter. Somewhere, there sits an unpaid GOG-curator-intern with a bag of dice and 'decides' which games to take and which not.
Or it's a matter of which publisher makes the most favourable deal.