It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Gold Edition" has never been more appropriate.

<span class="bold">1849 - Gold Edition</span>, the complete edition of a California Gold Rush town-management sim, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount!

Welcome to California, the year is '49. A mere whisper of "gold" is quickly followed by hounds of prospectors and fools as desperate as they are eager. You too are a forty-niner, and this was your life - a constant chase of the elusive, and one that's about to bring fruit. 1849 is a city management sim set during the California Gold Rush. You start a humble settlement in hopes of turning it into a booming paradise of trade and prosperity, or a wealthy mining town. Build up from humble shacks through saloons and trade posts, manage your workers, your trade networks, and your finances so that you too earn your well deserved legacy as one who beat the gold rush.

The <span class="bold">1849 - Gold Edition</span> includes the Nevada Silver DLC, which features new difficulty modes, new scenarios, new buildings, resources, as well as as an all-new train-based trading system for even more strategic options. If you already own the game, this is a completely free upgrade!

Go California dreamin' with <span class="bold">1849 - Gold Edition</span>, available DRM-free on GOG.com! The 10% launch discount will last for one week, until Tuesday, August 18, 12:59 PM GMT.
Yay! Free upgrade! Not that I've even played this yet. It's just, free is my favorite word...
Hmm, time to wishlist this then?
I remember steam having this game a few years ago... except it was like the 1975 version with all encompassing 4 color CGA graphics to go with it!

Although i don't know if i'd be interested...
Ah ha! That explains the mystery 'update'.

Not really a bad game actually.

I play it so it's obviously not over complicated.
Post edited August 11, 2015 by tinyE
Remember that one thread a while ago that asked about game that's just "relaxing to play"? This is my choice for that. Just sit back and click. It's not super-complicated or deep, and a lot of it's watching/waiting for resources to come before your next move. A nice enjoyable experience.

I've been communicating with the company irregularly, hopeful to get this here -- I didn't expect they'd do it for free.

They have another game they're developing, a different take on the Sim Tower type of game, that I'm hopeful for.
sounds like a nice edition...
Well nice to have a bit of extra gold in my collection. Still haven't played any edition of it yet.
The reviews of this game are pretty awful. It sounds like fun, but those scare me off.
Those reviews are a little shocking...
Celton88: The reviews of this game are pretty awful. It sounds like fun, but those scare me off.
Yeah, I wonder if the Gold Edition fixed any of the bugs.
drewpants: Those reviews are a little shocking...
No wonder when you see the price on Google's app store.
drewpants: Those reviews are a little shocking...
Tarnicus: No wonder when you see the price on Google's app store.
So it's a game with all the limitations of a phone/tablet game with all the cost of a PC title. I get it - pass.
Thanks to GOG & SomaSim for the free upgrade! Looking forward to Project Highrise next year!

I really (really) enjoyed the base game's campaign. The reviews here are really stupid.
Due to bad reviews I will pass at this time