It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to revive some childhood memories! Whether on your own, or with your family – the colorful and nostalgic world of Smurfs waits for you to explore it anew. That’s right; [url=https://www.gog.com/game/the_smurfs_2_the_prisoner_of_the_green_stone?source=news ] The Smurfs 2 - The Prisoner of the Green Stone[/url] is now available for pre-order on GOG!

In this adventure action game, you’ll get a chance to rediscover the world of our favorite blue friends. You’ll see that Handy Smurf, a brilliant inventor we all know, has devised an extraordinary creation called SmurfoMix; however, a vital component, the Green Stone, is in the clutches of the notorious and covetous Gargamel. Determined to retrieve this crucial ingredient, Handy Smurf and his team will embark on a perilous mission to infiltrate Gargamel's laboratory. Unfortunately, a fatal misstep occurs, resulting in a catastrophic explosion that shatters the Green Stone into fragments, scattering them across the treacherous Cursed Land. Not only has this incident unleashed the incredible power of the Green Stone, but it has also triggered a new malevolent force known as Stolas, who seeks to sow terror and chaos. In order to prevent the world from descending into utter disorder, a specialized team of four brave Smurfs must embark on an adventurous quest. Their objective is to locate and assemble the scattered fragments of the Green Stone before it's too late, and the world succumbs to the impending chaos brought forth by Stolas and the untamed powers of the stone. Are you ready to join?

Pre-order now on GOG!
For Smurfs is never too late : )
I'm happy to see they're releasing another Smurfs game right here. :-)

It'd have been nice if they'd been localizing this game into as many languages as last time, though. Both when we're talking about the interface and subtitles, according to the updated information on Steam.
Post edited October 05, 2023 by rickihoegh
Language: English (only)

On Steam it is localized in 14 languages!

So is it an error?
amigos4000: Language: English (only)

On Steam it is localized in 14 languages!

So is it an error?
The first game in the series was made available in 20 languages. This was what I was talking about. They just haven't updated the info on GOG yet. But still it's about 6 localizations missing, compared to the first game in the series. :-)
The game also has some kind of multiplayer, (local?) co-op etc. but on the game page it only says single-player? Hmm, not sure what to think.
Post edited October 05, 2023 by op2023
And here I thought licensed games were a dying breed.
Since it is a Microids game I wouldn't pre-order and instead wait for coming reviews. Those games can be good, like the first Smurfs game they made but it's not guaranteed.
Great, but where is Smurfs Kart?
Am I the only one around here to whom this looks like a reskinned generic 3D platformer? It's all the sadder that I grew up on Smurfs and I truly loved them.
Wottie: Am I the only one around here to whom this looks like a reskinned generic 3D platformer? It's all the sadder that I grew up on Smurfs and I truly loved them.
I played the first Smurfs game and I couldn't complain. It was a solid, nice platformer. Good enough for me to play it to the end. I expect the sequel to be pretty nice too.
Wottie: Am I the only one around here to whom this looks like a reskinned generic 3D platformer? It's all the sadder that I grew up on Smurfs and I truly loved them.
Atreyu666: I played the first Smurfs game and I couldn't complain. It was a solid, nice platformer. Good enough for me to play it to the end. I expect the sequel to be pretty nice too.
Thanks for your response, Atreyu!

Just out of curiosity: how does Atreyu connect with 666? :)
Wottie: Just out of curiosity: how does Atreyu connect with 666? :)
It doesn't but if I remember right, the nick "Atreyu" alone was already taken back then.
I still can't get my head around why Osome are incapable of providing a proper Asterix XXL sequel when they show here they can do it.