It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Counting stars.

Star Control: Origins is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com.
This is a sci-fi action/adventure with RPG elements and a new start for the beloved series. While investigating a far away distress signal upon Earth's first interstellar starship, you stumble upon this procedurally created galaxy, full of unknown alien races. A plot is being hatched, threatening to throw the entire galaxy into disarray, but your battle-readiness and thorough exploration might just avert it.

Pre-order and gain access to next month's Super-Melee beta.

Get the entire series in a Bundle, including Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters and Star Control: The Kessari Quadrant.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by maladr0Id
Interesting.

The trailer reminds me of Spore.
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Celton88
What is this? What is it? STAR CONTROL jumped into my eyes and caught my interest but burnt before from good names taking a new direction that was not to my liking (to use a soft expression), I am wary.
high rated
Ugh... this... doesn't look too impressive...

Also, an NDA for preordering? WTH is wrong with you GOG?!

Why would you allow this?!

Shame on you, guys.

Shame.
high rated
Why does a DRM-free single-player game require a broadband internet connection to play?
high rated
" Stardock Entertainment "

* runs away *

but leaves this in here : https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ghosts_of_the_precursors_a_direct_sequel_to_star_control_ii_the_urquan_masters
Post edited October 19, 2017 by Painted_Doll
mikebert: Why does a DRM-free single-player game require a broadband internet connection to play?
The final version shouldn't; it is most likely worded for the beta.
Closed beta is multi-player only. Hopefully that means it will be balanced after recieving feedback.

CORRECTION: Seems I was not 100% right
Post edited October 20, 2017 by Themken
high rated
Zoidberg: Ugh... this... doesn't look too impressive...

Also, an NDA for preordering? WTH is wrong with you GOG?!

Why would you allow this?!

Shame on you, guys.

Shame.
It's only an NDA against posting screenies or video until it goes public beta. You can still post/talk about it all you want. I don't see the issue.

Of course, it's Stardock, so as noted... run away.
Painted_Doll: " Stardock Entertainment "

* runs away *

but leaves this in here : https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ghosts_of_the_precursors_a_direct_sequel_to_star_control_ii_the_urquan_masters
I know about their bad rep but, you know... I like their games. I'm one of the Cryo boys, probably ;P

Stardock: have fond memories of the first SoaSE, I like the second GalCiv, pretty cool gem, Fallen Enchantress is addictive as heck, Political Machine 2016 is something in completely interested about and on and on.

It looks to me, from a healthy distance, that some of their fanbase alike are more radical than Tool, Rush, Metallica and Iron Maiden fans combined (huehue)... which translates into lotsa stuff I might say ;P
Post edited October 19, 2017 by victorchopin
an nda seems dumb.

it also seems dumb to me that i now have star control: the kessari quadrant in my library and it is automatically at the top when arranged by title, despite the fact that it is out of alphabetical order.

this triggers my ocd, gog. i don't care if you only put it there temporarily so people would notice. no sir, i don't like it.
the NDA is aimed at no streaming/screenshots/videos only. EVERYTHING else is free game. Personally, I kind of expected this to be a in-dev title. Kessai quadrant is that-Star-Control-game-that-must-not-be-mentioned. The renaming is kind of permenant although I would imagine people voiced comments saying users like yourself WOULD be confused by the renaming!
victorchopin: snip
I will never forgive them Elemental: War of Magic .
nda eh? Betcha youtubers/streamers still get to post stuff.
victorchopin: snip
Painted_Doll: I will never forgive them Elemental: War of Magic .
See!? As they say back in Ecuador, the "strong forgive, the weak remember" ;D

Jokes aside, yeah, that one was a huge flop...