It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

....and daddy doesn't care, comrade.

<span class="bold">Mother Russia Bleeds</span>, a gut-wrenching co-op brawler overflowing with blood and abusive substances, is now available for pre-order for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 10% pre-order discount.

Ever feel the need to crack some skulls, dislocate some limbs, or just pound someone's brains into a pulp? First, thank god there are videogames for that. Second, you should feel right at home among these bloodthirsty street fighters from the gritty underground of an alternate USSR. But guess what: they are not the most twisted bastards around. A criminal cartel rules the streets so you and your friends must punch, headbutt, maim, and break it into submission. Your horrible drug-addiction might provide you with a nice boost in the heat of battle, as long as you take a moment to drain some juice from your enemies' disfigured remains. Just don't tell Mother Russia, afterwards.

Pre-order <span class="bold">Mother Russia Bleeds</span> today and prepare for some unrelenting, drug-infused brawling action, DRM-free on GOG.com.
If you want to give your comrades a fix, go for the <span class="bold">Dealer Edition</span>, which includes the Soundtrack, a behind the scenes mini documentary, and an extra copy of the game to help spread the love. The extra code will be in your library's gamepage, under Serial Numbers.
The 10% pre-order discount will last until the game's expected release on September 5.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Q6lQDlxpas?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited August 10, 2016 by maladr0Id
cikkle: I think pixel art is in favor with independent developers partly because it's a reasonable way to produce a coherent lo-fi art style that's not jarring and succeeds in obscuring the lesser amount of detail in games that don't have a huge art budget.
I agree - it's much easier to do. But for me: a) pixel art is still an art and when it's bad then it's bad b) it can not be the only selling point for the game "hey, we don't have anything interesting in our game, let's make it in pixels!".
Beat 'em up!
Schnuff: I dunno, but with every new week I am losing interest in GOG releases.
Zofos: Same here. GOG just have lost its charm, becoming "Just another Steam, only DRM-free" in regards to game content.
ditto
ReynardFox: Why? Because Devolver Digital. This publisher has an excessive amount of sway on GOG due to it's big deal licenses like Shadow Warrior.
Lexor: If it's a part of greater deal that would be kind of explanation. And *the only one* reason.

Honestly, this game tries to pretend to be retro by using pixel art but it fails for me. And I played a lot of classic beat 'em up in the past and enjoyed them even if they are not my typical genre of games (I just loved Golden Axe).

I hope developers will understand that "just use pixel art" is not enough to sell the game to retro enthusiasts.
*Developers* and *Understanding*. Two great entities that do not often seem to mix.
Post edited August 16, 2016 by petitmal
What a crazy-looking game. I loved side-scrolling beat-'em-ups since Double Dragon. Of course, it's wishlisted.
Mother Russia Bleeds - The First Brutal 27 Minutes and 9 Seconds