It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love is now available for pre-order. Get it 10% off until May 23rd, 1pm UTC.

Take a look behind the Irony Curtain in a satirical point-and-click adventure inspired by the best works of LucasArts and Daedalic Entertainment! See Matryoshka through the eyes of Evan, a goofy journalist, who travels to this far away, secluded, and odd communist regime. Investigate the secrets of the bizarre communist country, witness a story full of unpredictable twists and turns, and meet the mysterious Supreme Leader!
bought .......

lets hope it is not developed in Unity .... , java or python :D
Post edited May 16, 2019 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: bought .......

lets hope it is not developed in Unity
Why? There are plenty good games on Unity. It's not engine's fault that it's so simple to build games, that ti's used by so many lazy people who don't know first thing about programming or game design.
htown1980: "inspired by the best works of LucasArts and Daedalic Entertainment"... I find this statement so weird. There is such a huge difference in the quality of LucasArts compared to the general dross that comes from Daedalic. It concerns me that the two would be used in the same sentence.
gamesfreak64: Daedalic has a few funny games , but to compare them with the LucasArts games (classic games that is, i dont favor the new 'games') is too much :D
Hot take: Daedalic is at least as good as if not better than LucasArts.

Yeah, I went there. Look, I love Monkey Island to death, and Day of the Tentacle is great too, but a lot of LA stuff is just vastly overrated, like Grim Fandango with it's ugly ass graphics (and everything else is merely "ok"), Dig with it's terrible puzzles or Full Throttle with it's terrible... well, everything.

Daedalic on the other hand made some of the very best p&c games I ever played, like Chains of Satinav and Memoria and Deponia 2 & 3, and the only game they made that I don't consider at least "good" is Whispered World. Even their "average" games like Alcatraz I enjoyed a lot, and think are well above average when compared to the rest of the genre.
gamesfreak64: Daedalic has a few funny games , but to compare them with the LucasArts games (classic games that is, i dont favor the new 'games') is too much :D
Breja: Hot take: Daedalic is at least as good as if not better than LucasArts.

Yeah, I went there. Look, I love Monkey Island to death, and Day of the Tentacle is great too, but a lot of LA stuff is just vastly overrated, like Grim Fandango with it's ugly ass graphics (and everything else is merely "ok"), Dig with it's terrible puzzles or Full Throttle with it's terrible... well, everything.

Daedalic on the other hand made some of the very best p&c games I ever played, like Chains of Satinav and Memoria and Deponia 2 & 3, and the only game they made that I don't consider at least "good" is Whispered World. Even their "average" games like Alcatraz I enjoyed a lot, and think are well above average when compared to the rest of the genre.
true, games are evry funny to play , regarding performance: first games used java : edna harvey 1+2 i like the games but performance is meh , some java issues, the java keeps releasing patches and usually they make the 2 games unplayable, so i rather have engines that dont depend on things like java which need updates, a game should be running independly of things like java, take the AGS games, they run verywell, the HOG engine artifex uses runs okay , no problem with the games i own.

Anyway pathway is the best example of a bad development: uses java, and tehre is NO cpu fix cause: too few people have problems, so NO fix.... , i hid the game on the shelves and i wont buy games from them,( the pathway developer) cause i can spend my heard saved cash better on games that do run :D
Breja: Hot take: Daedalic is at least as good as if not better than LucasArts.

Have you played "A New Beginning"? Its probably the least interesting adventure game I have ever played. I hated every minute with it. I am tempted to play it again just to see if my hatred has subsided at all. :)

Its obviously just a matter of taste, but I find the Deponia games particularly annoying and unfunny. The writing (I play the English version) is absolutely atrocious, although I do wonder if it is because it doesn't translate well from German. I didn't mind Memoria although the writing still has some issues.

As for Lucasarts, I grew up playing games in the 80s so we might have different views on what graphics are good or not. I enjoy Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Indiana Jones games, DoTT and Sam and Max. Monkey Island 1 being my favourite, I have played that game an absurd number of times. I only recently played Dig, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango but also enjoyed them all - the humour was good in the latter two and the story was great in all. I didn't enjoy the arcady things in FT, however.

For mine, this looks too Daedalic and not enough Lucasarts. I suspect I would not enjoy it :)
Daedalic vs Lucas Arts.

Daedalic has more games but the ag´s of lucas are the best ag ever made. But we must apreciate the efforts made by daedalic in already ten years because they have very good games. The list is big: Deponia, Memoria, Anna Quast, Edna & Harvey, NotR, A new beginning, whispered world, randal, candle, dead synchronicity, etc,